Five

"I still can't believe you served a drink to one of the richest young businessmen in England," Charlie sounded beyond impressed, "Deids, you're lucky as hell."

"I guess," I sighed and grabbed a cushion from the couch to hug it.

"Hopefully we made a good enough impression. It'd be a huge boost for the bar if he became a regular," she flopped onto the couch next to me and chuckled, "hope you turned on your irresistible charms."

"I...don't know," I sighed again.

"What's wrong, Deids?" Charlie nudged me with her elbow, "you sound a little down," she then gave me a knowing smile, "is it because it's already been a week since you saw your curly cutie?"

"Shut up," I lazily chucked the cushion at her and grabbed another one.

"If he comes in again, you should totally snatch him up," she chuckled, "it's been three years, Deidre. You need a good boyfriend."

"You don't have a boyfriend," I cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Weelll, not yet," she giggled, "but once Niall realises that we're meant to be together, I will."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her. Her ever-growing crush on Niall was amusing sometimes.

"Omigod, you know what?" Charlie continued, "Once your charms sweep that rich dreamboat off his feet, the four of us should totally go on a double date!"

"Charlie, stop!" I laughed, "How do you know I'm even gonna see him again?"

"Well, if he was served by a cute barmaid like you, why wouldn't you see him again?" She retorted.

"Char, it's not happening," I folded my arms, "we made small talk while he was having his drink. Even if we did see each other again, his mom wants him to hook up with this rich chick with big breasts."

"Oh?" Charlie was surprised, "A bit old-fashioned to try and get your son to be with a woman of your choice, isn't it?"

I shrugged. "It shouldn't be too hard. She and him had a run-in while we were talking at the bar. She's like a Hollywood actress, Charlie. She's gorgeous. All he has to do is see her naked once, and he'll forget all about me. Or any girl he's seen, for that matter."

"Well, I wouldn't say that," said Charlie, "I mean, there's a bit of a pattern here: She's a hot chick with big tits, you're a hot chick with big tits...I'd say that it's about a 50/50 chance."

I didn't say anything and only rolled my eyes.

"Hey, look. Did you see his temperament when they had their run-in?"

"Yeah. He doesn't seem to like her that much," I replied, "he even told me that he can't stand her, but I don't know. Maybe he was just trying to make me feel less intimidated by how stunning she was."

"I don't know about that, Deids..." said Charlie, "if he says he can't stand her, then it's probably true. And besides - have you forgotten what happened after you sang? He went behind the counter and knocked on the kitchen door just to compliment you."

"I doubt that really means anything," I began to fiddle with a loose thread on the cushion I was hugging, "I mean, I got quite a few compliments through the night."

"But no-one else went right to the kitchen just to see you, am I right?"

"Yeah, but...you know. Guys like him...they're raised to be real polite,"

"DEIDS!" Charlie grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me, "Can't you just allow yourself to get your hopes up just this once?" She looked me right in the eyes, "What if he does like you? What if he wants to shower you with gifts upon gifts and cherish you forever?!"