Twenty-Six

A/N: Hello, sorry but this chapter is pretty long. I've been writing long chapters lately. xD I hope you enjoy it, my loves <3

"Deidre? Come on, love – let's get going. Or else we'll be late for our own engagement party!" Harry called to me from downstairs.

"I'm coming! Can you be patient?" I called back with a laugh, "We'll call it 'fashionably late', OK?"

I pinned my favourite silver brooch in the middle of my wine red, strapless dress – right in between my breasts. I then adjusted my silver diamond necklace to make sure the clasp couldn't be seen before I grabbed my clutch bag and finally made my way downstairs.

"Well, look at you, my seductive fiancée," Harry said with a smirk as soon as he saw me approaching, "I'd better make sure all the other men at this party keep their eyes off," he then broke out a low chuckle, "maybe I'll tattoo 'Property of H.S' on both of your boobs once we're married."

"What?" I immediately laughed, "Do you even know how to work a tattoo gun?"

"Well...I know how to write with it," he shrugged and smiled at me, "after all...I was the one who wrote 'big' on my own big toe."

"Oh, wow. Such an accomplishment," I clapped my hands for him sarcastically, "you wrote three letters. I'm so proud."

"Hey – it's harder than it looks, actually," Harry chuckled again and pulled me to his side, "come on, baby. I can't wait to show you off at this party, because you look perfect."

I giggled. "Thank you. And you look very handsome in the cream shirt & bowtie, Haz."

"Why thank you, Deids," Harry said with a smile, "I think we complement each other quite nicely. That must mean we're meant to be."

"It must," I giggled again, "so, shall we go and prove it to everyone at the engagement party?"

"We shall," Harry's smile immediately grew, "let's do this, baby girl."

***

As Harry pulled his Porsche into the driveway, we both saw Gemma waiting anxiously at the front door – and both of us couldn't help but frown slightly at the sight.

"What's wrong with Gem?" I asked Harry.

"I don't know," he bit his bottom lip worriedly, "we'd better go and find out. She looks nervous."

"Yeah..." I nodded slowly, "...I hope she's OK."

We both climbed out of the car and started making our way over to Gemma to see what was up, but as soon as she saw us, she immediately started running straight towards us – only making both me & Harry even more confused.

"Oh thank God," she let out a long sigh of relief once she'd finally made her way over, "I was hoping I could catch you two before you walked into the party."

"What's up, Gem?" Harry asked – sounding deeply concerned as to why she was so nervous, "Is everything alright?"

"Harry...Deidre...I-I'm so sorry," she looked at both of us with heavily apologetic eyes, "mum's gone too far this time, Haz. Way too far."

I felt my eyes start to widen instantly.

Oh, no.

Anne...what have you done now?

"What? What's she done?" I could already feel Harry tensing up, "Gemma?"

"She...sh-she was in charge of the guest list..." Gemma explained fretfully, "and dad asked for a copy...b-but she gave him a separate list with all the names of the people he would've wanted to invite for you guys...but then she..." she took a deep breath, "she sent out...other invitations. Secret invitations. All behind dad's back."