Twenty-Seven

A/N: Hello friends :) So, this chapter didn't exactly turn out how I wanted it to, but I hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think :) xx

I went back downstairs holding Harry's hand with a smug smirk already creeping across my face. My confidence was fully replenished thanks to the time I spent with Harry upstairs, and I was feeling more than ready to turn the other cheek and face all seven of Harry's exes with a poised, cordial smile. With all the very interesting things I've now learned about all of Harry's exes thanks to Harry himself, I'd like to see who's gonna feel intimidated now. I felt like I could easily retort to anything they were gonna say to me now...and Harry's going to be right by my side supporting me all the way. I think he might even join in the fun.

As Harry & I made our way back to the main hall, I saw Giselle daintily sipping a glass of wine while posing sexily yet completely unnaturally against the wall - and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out she was posing like that to make sure she looked good should Harry walk into the room.

Ah, my first victim.

"Harry?" I turned towards him and smiled, "Would you mind finding me a glass of champagne, while I, er...talk to Giselle?"

Harry smirked and chuckled as he realized that our plan was finally in action.

"Of course, my love," he wrapped an arm around my waist and dipped his head to warmly kiss my cheek, "knock her dead, baby girl," he murmured into my ear - making me giggle.

We smiled at each other and parted ways - clearing my throat and standing up straight as I sauntered over to Giselle - trying my hardest to not make the smirk playing at my lips too obvious.

"Hi, Giselle," I flashed her a beaming, innocent smile, "enjoying the party?"

"You've certainly cheered up a lot," she cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, yeah! You wanna know why?" My smile immediately grew, "You're the one who wanted to see my ring, right?"

"You don't even have a ring," she replied with a scoff, "you said it yourself."

"Yeah, I did! About 20 minutes ago!" I said with a chuckle, "But check this out," I held up the back of my hand to her face and grinned, "don't you love it?"

Her eyes widened, and she spat out her mouthful of wine back into her glass and started coughing as she began to choke on it a little.

"What the fuck?!" She demanded once she'd recovered from her coughing fit.

"It looks great, doesn't it?" I asked with a giggle, "Oh, Harry...he really knows what suits me. It makes me wonder if he's had some practice in buying such flattering gifts," I looked at her carefully, "has Harry ever bought you jewellery? I just have to know, because I'm in such a state of confusion about it all right now."

"No," she replied through gritted teeth.

"Oh, right! He couldn't have! I almost forgot!" I said with a chuckle, "I mean, you two...were never really serious, am I right?"

"And what makes you think that?" She smirked at me.

"Oh, well...I mean...it's just that, from what I've heard, it just seemed to me like you and Harry had more of a 'Friends With Benefits' thing going on," I shrugged, "and I suppose he wouldn't really want to spend money on a booty call."

"I wasn't just a booty call!" She protested, "Harry & I...we really had something. Like, honestly. It probably was even more serious than whatever you and Harry have going on."