Thirty-Five

A/N: Hehe, I loved writing this chapter. I hope you guys love reading it :))

"I think I'm gonna throw up..."

"No, Deidre. You're not gonna throw up," Charlie told me gently.

"A-Are you sure I look OK?" I asked her anxiously, "Nothing looks...weird..?" I bit my lip.

"Deidre, please. You look gorgeous, alright?"

"W-What if Harry doesn't like it?" I went on, "What if he thinks the hair jewels are stupid?"

"Deidre! Harry is gonna love this. OK? Stop freaking out," Charlie gave me a stern look, "now come on. We have to get down to the courtyard now."

"I...I know. You're right. I'm sorry, Char, I...I-I just don't know why I'm so nervous..."

"Of course you're nervous. Your wedding day is a weird thing, because it can be magical but at the same time terrifying for some reason," she chuckled softly, "trust me, Deids. When you and Harry say those 'I Do's', you're both gonna walk to the Viscount's Room as two of the happiest people alive. I promise," she gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back at her. "Thanks, Charlie," I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a tight hug, "w-wait...w-where's Stella..?" I asked once we pulled away.

"She's already down there, making sure everything's in order for your walk-in," she replied, "so we'd better get down there, too."

"Yeah. You're right. We should..." I bit my lip again as she handed me my white rose bouquet before taking my arm and leading me out of the room.

I was trembling all over, and thousands of butterflies erupted into my stomach with every step I took towards the courtyard. It was happening. This wedding was really happening – and it was already feeling so surreal to me. As Charlie and I moved closer and closer to the courtyard, I started to become even more terrified that this was all just a magical dream, and I'd wake up to find that I'd fallen asleep working more overtime for my parents at our old bar back in New York.

It was honestly so weird. When I woke up today, I was so happy and relaxed, and now here I was feeling more anxious than a sinner in church.

I just wanted to see Harry. I wanted to see his face, and I wanted to see him smile at me, and I wanted to feel his fingers intertwined with mine and squeezing my hands. And I was hoping to God that when I walked into that courtyard, he was gonna like what he saw.

Charlie and I made it outside and walked along the inside of the elaborate fence that separated us from the wedding. Through the fence, I could just see Harry standing there and looking around anxiously – with Gemma, Niall, and Louis all talking to him and looking as if they were trying to calm him down, and I immediately felt a smile spread across my face as soon as I saw him. He seemed just as nervous as I was.

"Oh, Char...h-he looks so good..." I let out a shaky sigh, "God...p-please tell me this is really happening right now..."

"It's happening," Charlie replied with a chuckle, "it's really happening, Deidre. Harry is waiting for you, and he's getting married to you. It's 100% happening, babe."

"Oh, fuck...I think I'm gonna cry..." I bit down on my bottom lip hard and squeezed my bouquet like there was no tomorrow, "no...n-no, I-I can't cry..."

"Yeah, you can. Stella had you made up with waterproof mascara," Charlie chuckled again, "so, don't worry – you're totally safe from looking like a panda if you have to shed a few tears."

Niall spotted Charlie through the fence, and she held up her hand in a silent halting gesture to make sure he wouldn't pick up his guitar until we came closer.