Fifty-Four

A/N: Hehe, I had a lot of fun writing this towards the end xD xD you'll find out why :D

"What did you and my mum talk about after dinner tonight?" Harry asked me as he came out of the en suite.

"Well, she was the last person I'd ever expect to stop my sister from picking on me," I replied, "I was so confused...I just had to ask her why she did it."

"Fair enough. It was pretty surprising," Harry said as we climbed into bed together, "so, what did she say? When you asked her?"

"Well, she...she said she wanted to stop Natalie before she could upset me to the point of stressing out...because she didn't want the twins to be in danger," I looked down at my belly and placed a hand over my bump, "she...she told me that she knew you'd be crushed if something ever happened to them. So...I guess she did it for you, mostly."

"No, Deids...I'm sure that's not true," Harry said, "if anything bad did happen to our babies, I know you'd be just as crushed as me. So, even if she didn't say it, I'm sure she was thinking about you, too."

"Maybe," I said, "but, I still thanked her, anyway. I mean, at least she was showing that she's thinking about the twins – and that's all that matters to me. She can spend the rest of her life trying to ignore me...but if she ignores her grandchildren too, that would be horrible..." I lowered my eyes a little, "so...at least tonight looked like a good sign."

"Yeah," Harry nodded, "but I think it also looks like she's starting to warm up to you a little."

I chuckled softly. "I don't know about that. But...thanks, Harry."

Harry smiled at me and dropped his eyes down to my bump – placing his hand on my tummy and rubbing it tenderly.

"This is the most perfect bump I've ever seen..." his eyes were lit up with tenderness and love as he gazed at my belly, "and I bet that means that these are gonna be the most perfect babies I've ever seen," he bent down and pressed a lingering kiss to the bump – causing an affectionate smile to spread across my face.

"Our next ultrasound appointment is in just a few days..." I let out a soft sigh, "what are we gonna do if my family is still hanging around by then?"

"What do you mean, love?" He sat up again to properly face me.

"Well, you know, I just...even if my parents are interested in coming to the appointment, there's no way Natalie would be – and since she's my parents' little princess, she'll have no trouble convincing them to sit out of it," I lowered my eyes, "and I don't...know how comfortable I'd feel leaving them here in our house while we go to the appointment..." I then began to smile a little, "I mean, I can very easily see Natalie coming up here while we're gone, going through your underwear drawer and taking whiffs of all your Tom Ford colognes and swooning every time she does," I giggled.

Harry laughed. "Fuck. I'd better lock them all up, then."

"Definitely," I giggled once more, "but hey...all jokes aside, what do you think?"

"I agree with you. I'm not exactly fond of the idea of leaving them here, either," he told me, "but we're not sure if they'll still be here just yet. For all we know, they might come to us tomorrow and tell us that they're finally going back to New York."

"Really?" I rose an eyebrow at him and smiled a little, "You really think that?"

"Well...I'm hoping," he chuckled, "I don't think we have to worry about it just yet, babe. Let's just see what happens tomorrow. If it turns out they will still be here on the day of the appointment, I'm sure we can work something out, so that we don't have to leave them alone in the house."