Fifty-Two

A/N: Helloooo :) how is everyone??

After somehow overhearing that we were planning a housewarming dinner party, my parents practically begged me and Harry to plan it while they were still in London – saying that they would love to celebrate with us, and that they would also love to meet some of our other family and friends. And I had to admit – their request literally scared the shit out of me. Especially because we had invited Harry's parents to the party.

I mean, can you imagine my family meeting Anne, my mother-in-law who already judges me so much? What more when she meets my pushy parents? Or my slutty sister?

But Harry, supportive as always, assured me that it was gonna be alright – which did soothe me a little. I was still nervous – but I knew I'd be OK with Harry by my side.

On the day of the housewarming, Natalie wanted to drag my parents into the city – since she was the only one who didn't have anything decent enough for the dinner party. So, I recommended they try finding a dress to hire for her at Girl Meets Dress, and then I wished them good luck while trying so hard to hide my smile as I watched them get whisked away to the city by a bus. I speak for both me and Harry when I say that it felt great to finally have the house to ourselves again – because knowing Natalie, I was pretty sure that they were gonna be at Girl Meets Dress all day.

For dinner, Harry & I had decided that we didn't really need to go all the way, and decided to cook a simple three-course meal for the guests: caprese garlic bread for the appetizers, a tender roast beef for the main, and a luscious chocolate mousse for dessert. But, even though it was simple, we knew it'd still take up the majority of our day to cook it all, so we decided to get our outfits out of the way first. So, we went up to our room and started sifting through each other's clothes – trying to decide the best things for us to wear that night.

"Why don't you wear that Saint Laurent blazer and silk shirt, with the matching neck tie?" I suggested to Harry, "I've always loved those on you. They make you look so handsome," I said with a giggle.

"Yeah?" He smiled at me.

"Oh yeah," I nodded vigorously, "match it with a pair of your favourite Paige skinnies, and you've got the perfect semi-formal outfit for tonight."

"True," Harry's smile grew, "alright, Deidre. I'll wear that tonight – just for you."

"Yay!" I clapped my hands and giggled again – making him chuckle.

"Well, that's my clothes sorted, then," he said, "now, darling wife, what about you?"

"Ugh, I don't know," I chuckled softly, "the struggles of women – having so many clothes and yet still feeling clueless on what to wear."

"Well, allow me to help you through this struggle, my love," Harry told me with a smile, "let's see what we have, shall we?"

He turned towards the bed, where I'd thrown a whole bunch of dresses that I'd pulled out of the wardrobe on top of the sheets in my desperation to try and find something to wear.

"Hmm..." Harry stroked his chin thoughtfully, "you know what? How about you wear that new willow dress from Tiffany Rose? The one with the midnight garden print?"

"Oh, yeah!" I hurried over to the closet to pull out the new maternity evening dress, "How could I forget about this? I've been dying for an occasion to wear it!"

"That baby brain, huh?" Harry chuckled, "Just as well I'm here to refresh your memory when you need it."

"This dress is perfect for tonight," I held it up to my body and smiled at him, "thank you, Harry."