Forty-Four

A/N: Sorry, there's a lot of time-skipping in this chapter :p but I hope you'll still enjoy it <3

Harry

"So Hazza," Louis said after taking a sip from his pint, "how long have you & Deids been trying for a baby again?"

"Three and a half months," I replied.

"And still nothing?" asked Liam.

"Well...no," I said with a soft sigh, "but it's been a bit tricky, because we never exactly knew when Deidre was regularly ovulating again. But her cycles should have gone back to normal by now. So...we should be seeing results soon, hopefully."

"Well, how do you know you don't have results now?" Liam went on, "When was the last time you bought a test?"

"Last month. And when it came up negative, Deidre was devastated," I lowered my eyes a little, "I hated seeing her like that. I didn't want her to go through that again if we ended up with another negative result. So, we both agreed not to buy any more tests unless she's starting to show early symptoms."

"And she's not showing any yet?" Louis asked.

"Nope. Not yet."

"You sure, mate?" Liam looked at me thoughtfully.

"Pretty sure," I nodded.

"Well, what are you expecting to notice, exactly? Mood swings and morning sickness?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Well...yeah, I guess," I shrugged, "is that wrong?"

"Uh, yeah. Pretty wrong," Liam replied, "because they may be the most obvious, but not every pregnant woman experiences those symptoms, Harry," he said, "you need to keep an open mind about this. For all you know, something could already be happening to Deidre that you'd think is the last thing that could ever hint that she's pregnant."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Think about it, Harry," Liam pressed on, "is there anything happening to Deidre that you've never seen happening before?"

I bit my lip and took a moment to think.

"Well..." I began slowly, "she has been acting a bit funny lately..."

"There you go!" Liam smiled at me, "Funny how?"

"She's...her nose is like, really sensitive these days," I replied, "yesterday, she thought the milk was off, because she thought it smelled stronger than usual. And then she said she nearly got sick from the smell of the toilets at McDonald's. And then today, she was all over me because she thought I smelled better than usual."

Liam's eyes widened, and he suddenly rolled his eyes and slapped his palm against his forehead before shaking his head at me - making me frown.

"What?" I asked him.

"Harry, you're an idiot," Liam rolled his eyes again, "have you forgotten all about when Dayna was pregnant with Clara?"

"Hey, Dayna was your girlfriend - not mine. You can't expect me to remember her pregnancy with your child," I replied defensively, "what are you on about, anyway?"

"Harry, the very reason Dayna suspected she was pregnant in the first place was because of her sudden sensitivity to smells!" Liam told me exasperatedly, "Jesus Christ, Harry, Deidre could be pregnant right now and neither of you never even knew!"

My eyes immediately widened at his words.

Oh my fucking God...

Liam's right...