Fifty-Eight

A/N: Hello, this chapter is shorter than usual so I hope you don't mind and enjoy anyway <3

Harry

This week was Deidre's 37th week of pregnancy – and Dr Janssen says that she could really be giving birth to the twins any day now. And we were both so excited – but at the same time, we were nervous as well. We honestly were starting to find ourselves waking up every morning and half-expecting the bedsheets to feel damp from Deidre's waters – but so far, Adam and Hazel still seemed intent on staying curled up inside their mother's womb for now.

So far, we'd been having quite a relaxing morning. We both woke up around 7:30, had breakfast together, and spent an hour or so watching TV. Now, it was around 9AM – and I was reading the morning paper while drinking a cup of coffee, while Deidre was currently scrolling through Facebook – occasionally letting out a cute giggle or two whenever she came across a funny video or post on her feed. It was peaceful, and it was really nice.

And that's why I was surprised when I suddenly heard Deidre gasp and toss her phone on the couch before scrambling to her feet – glancing downwards for a moment before she suddenly cursed under her breath and started running out of the room – tearing my attention away from the paper immediately.

"Deidre?" I called after her, "Love, are you OK?"

"I'm fucking pissing myself!" I heard her call back before she darted in the direction of the bathroom.

"You what?" I couldn't help asking – since I wasn't exactly expecting a reply like that.

Still – Deidre has been having problems with incontinence lately – so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. And, convincing myself that she could handle this on her own, I returned to my paper and waited for her to come back.

Quite a few minutes passed, and she still hadn't returned – and I was starting to get a little worried. I began to wonder if she was taking a while because she decided to change her underwear or put a pad in, or if she actually needed my help with something.

"Uhh...H-Harry?" I suddenly heard her shakily calling me from the bathroom, "Harry! Harry!"

As her calls became more desperate, my heard jerked up from the paper immediately.

OK, she definitely needs my help with something.

I tossed the newspaper aside and bolted from my chair – rushing to the bathroom as fast as I could to see what was wrong with Deidre. And when I skidded to a halt just in front of the bathroom door, I realized that she'd actually left it open – making me realize that she must've forgotten to close it in her haste.

Still...it made things a lot easier for me.

I ran into the bathroom and saw that Deidre was still sitting on the toilet – her knees pushed together and her teeth chewing nervously at her bottom lip as her hands tightly clutched the toilet seat.

"Deidre, what's wrong?" I asked her immediately.

"Harry...i-it won't stop..." I heard her let out a shaky breath, "I...I've been doing Kegels for ages now, b-but it's not making it stop! It just keeps coming!"

My eyes immediately widened.

"What..." I began slowly, "Deidre...w-what are you saying..?"

She bit her lip again and stayed silent for a moment before she looked up at me tellingly.

"I don't think I'm peeing anymore, Harry."

Upon hearing her words, I heard my breath hitch.

"You...you mean..." I could feel my heart beginning to race inside my chest, "you think...your waters have broken..?"