Ten

A/N: So, this chapter has exceeded my current longest-chapter record which is Protector, Chapter 19 - at 6,382 words.

This chapter: Less than 300 words away from 7000.

Why, do you ask?

**SMUT**

"My, my, my," Charlie's voice came from my bedroom doorway, "someone's making an extra effort to look pretty tonight."

"What do you mean?" I asked with a frown.

"Seriously?" Charlie cocked an eyebrow, "Deids, look at you."

I looked down at my outfit; a knee-length tight black dress with long off-the-shoulder sleeves, with a black & silver necklace, a silver ring and black strappy heels to match.

"What, this dress?" I scoffed, "Please. It's not even my best."

"You sure about that?" Charlie wasn't convinced, "Deidre, you're not just going to this dinner for answers. You actually want to spend time with Harry, don't you?"

"Well..." I felt myself blush, "I mean...h-he's a nice guy, despite what he did..."

"You fell for him hard," Charlie continued, "and he didn't even give you a call - even just to acknowledge your existence."

"What he did is nothing compared to what Sean did," I said, "and if it turns out he wasn't calling for a legit reason...I'm willing to give him another chance."

Charlie sighed deeply. "You just can't stay away from the guy, can you?"

I bit my lip. "Can I help it if I like him..?" I asked quietly.

"Look, all I'm saying, Deids...is just be careful."

"I know. It's OK," I smiled at her and grabbed my black clutch, "I gotta go. I'll be back later."

"When exactly is 'later'?" She made quotation marks in the air with her fingers.

I rolled my eyes. "It will be tonight. Don't worry."

"OK then," she gave a single nod of approval, "have a good night."

"You too," I smiled again and began to walk out of my bedroom, "bye, Charlie."

***

I walked up to the front door of the penthouse at the Queen's Tower apartments - already feeling intimidated at the elaborate carvings on the expensive mahogany wood and its shining golden doorknob.

This door alone was already fancier than anything I've seen in my entire life.

What more when I actually see what's inside this place..?

Taking a long, shaky breath, and I bit my lip before tentatively rapping my knuckles against the pricey piece of wood - as if I was scared that I'd somehow mark the material that seemed to cost more than what I'd earned in my lifetime.

My breath hitched as the fancy doorknob began to turn from the other side - indicating that someone was about to answer the door. I took another deep breath and made myself look cool & collected as the door opened by a crack, and Harry's handsome face looked through. Deciding to play the cool kid - I waited until our eyes met and smirked at him - not saying a word.

Harry immediately flashed a boyish grin upon seeing me.

"Good evening," he said in his smooth, husky voice.

I decided to keep on playing the role of the mysterious woman by staying silent until he opened the door wider to let me enter - and I strolled into the apartment without a word once more.