Sixty

A/N: Whew! Sorry for the wait. I also kinda got stuck writing the beginning of this so I'm also sorry if it's bad lol. Also this isn't really that long, so more apologies to those of you who wanted a long chapter.

Deidre

It was only my second day in the hospital, but I honestly already felt like I'd been there forever. All I wanted to do was just go home with Harry and our babies – but, unfortunately...that was still at least another day away.

As promised, Harry had remained at the hospital ever since the twins were born. He'd arranged for the four of us to have our own private room in the post-partum ward, so that we could all be together as a family for however long I needed to stay at the hospital. The only time he went back home was to pack a bag with three days' worth of clothes. And I admired that so much – especially since he's had to sleep on a bed chair for the past 48 hours.

He had honestly been such a huge help, though. Thanks to my epidural, it took me 12 hours before I could actually start walking again – and I couldn't even tend to the twins properly because of that. But Harry was there and ready to step in whenever I needed him to – learning how to change the twins' diapers and even taking them out of their cots and bringing them to me whenever I needed to feed them. I really don't know how I'd even be coping without him here.

I heard the camera shutter on Harry's phone constantly going off as he snapped picture after picture of our sleeping babies. As I turned my head to watch him, I felt an affectionate smile immediately starting to spread across my face. He was absolutely crazy about the twins – and I really couldn't blame him at all.

"Aren't you worried about jamming up your phone's memory if you keep taking pictures of them?" I asked him with a chuckle.

Harry chuckled quietly as well. "I know. I just can't help it, though. They're so cute," he took one last picture before finally tucking his phone back into his pocket, "and besides – we're gonna be making loads of photo albums anyway, right? And we want to capture every stage of their lives."

I smiled at him. "True. Very true."

Even though the two of us have been sleeping in the exact same room as the twins, hearing their cries and taking turns to look after them...I was still trying to register the fact that I was actually a mother now. Maybe it was because that the twins were just so beautiful...and I keep thinking that they're too beautiful to actually be real. I'd look at them, and I'd wonder how just an hour or two in bed with Harry could really result in something so perfect, and I'd wonder if it really took only 9 months for such perfection to grow.

But it's just the wonders of life, I guess. And it really was wonderful.

The sound of quiet fussing suddenly came from the twins' cots as Hazel began to stir from her sleep. A warm smile immediately broke out across Harry's face as he put his phone down before gently lifting her into his arms.

"Hello, gorgeous girl," he murmured to her, "everything OK? What do you need?"

Hazel continued to fuss as Harry cradled her in the crook of his arm – opening her eyes to look at his face – and his smile instantly grew.

"Are you hungry, my angel?" He asked her, "Do you want your mummy to feed you again?"

Just in case she actually was hungry, I sat up a little more in my bed and pulled down my hospital gown as Harry carefully laid Hazel on top of me – next to my breasts. I guided her head towards my nipple and waited, but she didn't latch – instead turning her head to the other side and continuing to fuss – and I was surprised.

"That's weird. Usually, she goes right for it," I bit my lip, "she's not developing a distaste for my milk already, is she?"

Harry chuckled. "I don't think so. She probably just isn't hungry after all. Her last feed was only about an hour ago."