Forty-Three

A/N: Hello, this chapter became pretty long, and I kinda think the ending is a little rushed so I'm sorry about that :p I hope you enjoy it anyway <3

Harry & I didn't buy another pregnancy test for another month and a half.

We both agreed that we probably shouldn't buy any tests unless I'm actually feeling pregnant, or actually showing symptoms of being pregnant.

And...so far, I hadn't been.

But I didn't let it discourage me. I was now refusing to feel discouraged about having a child anymore, and keeping ourselves from buying another pregnancy test was actually really helping me. I made sure to stay optimistic, and never let a single negative thought about getting pregnant ever creep its way into my mind.

I woke up that Saturday morning with Harry's arms wrapped around my waist and tightly hugging me from behind. Turning my head to look over my shoulder at him, I noticed that his head had nearly slid off his pillow – his face dipped more towards me with his nose almost touching my back. I couldn't help smiling and giggling softly at the sound of the quiet little snores that came from him – and I took one of his hands and kissed it before slowly sliding out of his grasp – letting him hug one of my pillows in the hope that, for him, it would still feel like he was holding me (at least for a little while).

I wanted to surprise him with a cup of coffee in bed, and so – without bothering to put on some slippers or a robe since I wanted to be quick before he woke up – I quietly slipped out of the room in the baby pink spaghetti strap top and white panties I'd fallen asleep in that previous night.

I crept downstairs to the kitchen and quickly switched on the espresso machine at the wall. After I did that, I prepared to make Harry's coffee by first getting out everything I needed – the sugar, our new packet of ground coffee, and the milk. After setting the coffee and the sugar out on the kitchen bench, I made my way over to the fridge to get the milk.

Whenever I prepared a carton of milk to make coffee, I'd always take the cap off beforehand to save myself from doing it after I mixed up everything else. However, as soon as I took out the milk and twisted off the cap – I suddenly caught a whiff of an overwhelmingly creamy smell – and I immediately scrunched up my nose and let out a soft "ugh!" before holding the carton away from me at an arm's length.

Oh my God...what the fuck?

Has this milk gone off..?

Grimacing, I immediately slammed the cap back onto the carton and set the milk down on the bench – blowing out a long puff of air and waving my hand in front of my face since it seemed as if the milk's weird smell was still lingering around my nostrils.

"Deidre?" Harry had woken up and was entering the kitchen in nothing but his boxers (now a little baggier for the sake of his sperm) – and I couldn't help letting out a soft sigh upon seeing him.

So much for my surprise coffee...

"Are you alright?" Harry made his way over to me already looking concerned.

"Hey...when did we buy that milk?" I nodded towards the carton sitting on the bench.

"Er...I think the other day," he replied, "why?"

"The other day?" I frowned, "Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure," he nodded.

"But...it smells weird..." I mused – my frowned growing a little deeper.

"What?" Harry began to frown as well, "Can't be. It's practically brand-new."

He made his way over to the kitchen bench and picked up the milk – unscrewing the cap once more and pulling it off before letting his nose hover over the carton and taking a few whiffs of it.