Hurricane

It's really bad.

Tomorrow morning they're driving me to a church about 45 minutes away from my house for "correctional camp."

There was a sixteen year old girl that had to go there once.

She took her own life after her first session.

They do bad things to people there, horrible thing, things that humans shouldn't do.

Some people say they zap you, others say they get guys to basically molest you, and some say they even make you watch porn.

All I've ever learned about it is that everyone who goes there either is never spoken about or seen again, or commits.

I don't want that to happen to me.

There was a boy I knew from church who had a friend in correctional camp.

One day before church I saw him sobbing on the doorstep, and I tried to comfort him, asking him what happened.

The priest had gotten girls his friend's age to fucking molest him.

Yes, that wasn't a typo, sexual assault.

I'm shaking.

I don't think any of you know anything about this stuff, but I'm terrified and clueless and it feels like I'm already dead.

I need some sort of advice, anything.

I'm cold under three blankets, but I put on my girlfriend's hoodie and I was instantly warm.

I am not living for myself, I'm doing it for her.

I'm going to be the fucking Harry Potter of "burn the gays camp" and live.

I don't know how and some horrible things are going to happen, but I'm not dying.

I may not have a blood relative that isn't trying to slit my throat, but I definitely have a family.

You all are part of that family.

This is going to sound cheesy and fake, but like I said before, we're the Clique.

We're all connected as the kids with nowhere to go but our headphones, and we all support each other.

Some bad things are going to happen tomorrow and I don't know when or how I'm going to post, but there's something that must be said.

Thank you.

Thank you all for everything you all have done.

Thank you for brightening my day with a joke in the comments, thank you for having a quick chat, thank you for sharing your stories to help me out, thank you for supporting my books, but most of all:

Thank you for staying alive, because everyone deserves to feel like living.