New stuff

All of you wondering about the new stuff I'm working on, here's a peek at it.

"The world will keep spinning."

The Earth will twirl effortlessly around the sun each year without fail. The cities will still bustle with the hum of a vibrating stress within it's inhabitants. The waves will still crash on the beach like nothing happened at all.

The world keeps going.

The seasons will still fade in and out of warmth and bitter cold. The sun will still shine golden against a blue sky and dip behind the horizon. The moon will still take it's place and bring a thousand stars parading behind it.

People will still come and go.

No matter what happens, no matter who does anything, no matter how hard anyone tries.

Things will change, and they will never stop.

He couldn't stand it.

His pulse angrily thumped against his dry throat, a sharp stab of pain shooting through his skull like a needle and an anxious vibration rattling his bones. His soul shook angrily and his dry mouth felt cool, salty air against it.

He screamed.

He screamed until his vocal chords gave out and ached, raw and painful as the clear shriek cracked and broke into a sob, just like the soft whisper of the waves crashing against smooth sand.

Everything hurt, his chest was too heavy, his head was too pressurized, his throat was too dry, his legs were too restless, his arms were too weak.

He was only half a soul now, and half a soul can't hold up an entire body well on it's own.

He was broken.

Sick.

Weak.

Alone.

He was alone.

The person he wanted to devote his entire life to was alone too. The person who needed him there to sleep each night and wake up every morning was alone. The boy with gold sprinkled in his eyes and sunshine laced in his voice was alone. The boy with the brightest smile he had ever seen and a little ukulele under his fingers. The boy who had lips like velvet and pillow soft skin. The boy with fluffy brown hair and a tiny button nose.

The boy who he thought was perfect, scars and all.

Tyler Joseph was alone in that ocean, and Josh was going to find him.

"I'm sorry."

Josh swore the soft shush of waves crashing whispered "It's okay."