My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

So most of you know that I have BDD, or in more official terms, Body Dysmorphia Disorder.

Kenzie-Winchester started a tag where you promote feeling good in your own skin and body confidence, so I thought I'd talk a little bit about this.

   First of all, Body Dysmorphia Disorder is a mental disorder that alters your view on reality, specifically the reality of yourself. Your brain exaggerates your flaws so no matter how much weight you lose, you still look fat or no matter how much makeup you use, you still look ugly.

   For people with this, mirrors and cameras are the enemy.

   This has effected my self esteem at an extreme level, and most of the time BDD results in an eating disorder.

   I am close, but I'm lucky enough to not have an eating disorder thanks to some amazing people named Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun.

   BDD is rare and can be easily mistaken for low self esteem, but this is a serious, real thing that needs to be made known.

   When I don't accept your "oh, you look good today!" it isn't because I'm fishing for compliments, and when I always wear pants and conservative clothes it isn't because I'm afraid of society or I don't want a relationship.

   People, me being one of them, deal with this every day.

   I'm not just talking about BDD, I'm talking about every eating disorder and self destructive thought and low self esteem.

   #bodypositive

   Because some days people who care about me convince me that I do look good today.

   Because some days I do horrible things to myself.

   Because some days people feel like they want to crawl out of their skin and drift away.

   Because some days I am one of those people.

   You are yourself and that will never change.

   Embrace it.

"No one's busy thinking bad things about you, they're all too busy thinking bad things about themselves"
-Patrick Stump

"Every band always tells you to raise your middle finger for fuck this, fuck that, but we think that's boring. We want you to hold up your ring finger, because there is someone in this world that wants to sleep next to you every night."
-Patrick Stump

"You have to make the decision to be happy. No one else can make it for you."
-Pete Wentz

"Girls are like apples. The best ones are at the top of the trees and the boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top thing there's something wrong with them when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top"
-Pete Wentz

"I'm a pro at imperfections and I'm best friends with my doubt."
-Tyler Joseph

"The sun will rise and we will try again, stay alive, stay alive for me."
-Tyler Joseph

"Sometimes the world is gonna want you dead. Sometimes the people you love will. Sometimes even you will. Please just remember, there are four boys from Chicago, two from Ohio, another four from New Jersey, and even more from Las Vegas that will always want you alive."
-Me