Chapter 6: Fearing the Truth

Corin stood in the airport with her two duffel bags. She had everyone standing there talking to her. The guys from 21, 51 and even a few from Chicago Med. After saying goodbye to almost everyone there, most of the mob left. All that was left was Jay, Erin, Kelly, all her kids, Will, Natalie, Regan with Dylan, and Justin. Corin hugged Justin.

"Take care of her and your little girl. It's gonna be hard for her without me here to watch over her" whispered Corin.

Then she moved over to Regan. She kissed little Dylan on the head then hugged Regan.

"I'm gonna miss you but I'll be back"

"You better. You're not allowed to die"

She hugged with, then Natalie. hugged all her kids. Then she went to Jay.

"You be safe little sister. I need you in my life. I love you too much to see you come back in a casket. Stay safe"

"I will. I love you big brother. Take care of all my kids and Kelly for me"

"I will"

Hey kissed her on the cheek and then she hugged Erin.

"Take care of Jay and Kelly for me" pleaded Corin.

"I will. Stay safe"

Then it was time for the goodbye Corin was dreading the most. Everyone one had stood back so it was just Corin and Kelly standing the. Corin hugged Kelly as they both had tears streaming down there face. They kissed and she smiled at him.

"Kelly Severide I love you so much. I'm coming back and then it's just gonna be you, me, and our beautiful kids. Because I love you"

"I'm gonna hold you to that because I love you. Okay? You come back just as beautiful as you are right now"

"I will. I promise, because I love you. You and these kids are my whole world. Please take care of them, I'll be back ASAP. I love you baby"

"I love you too"

"I have to go. They called my flight"

Corin was dressed in her perfectly fitting marine uniform, throwing her duffel bag over her shoulder. She waved goodbye with tears in her eyes then blew Kelly a kiss. She walked through the airport tunnel until she was out of sight. Kelly stood there, tears staining his face. He was heartbroken but he also everything was gonna be okay.

He took the kids home to get some work done. Matt went home with the kids while Gabby stopped at the law office and picked up some papers. When she got home she saw Matt sitting on the couch.

"Hey babe!" smiled Matt.

"Hey! Did you ask the kids?" questioned Gabby.

"No. Did you get the papers?"

"Yes. We just have to fill them out, bring them to the agency and we are good to go!"

"That's awesome. The room is all set up for him. I can't believe we're really doing this"

"It's gonna be great. After we fill out the papers I'll go to the agency. While I'm gone you can tell the kids"

"Fine"

Together they sat on the couch until they had finished the paperwork. Gabby gave Matt a kiss as she set the papers in her purse.

"I'll be back with our new guy"

"Alright. I'll see you when you guys get back. Love you"

"Love you too"

Gabby walked out the door and climbed in her car. She was super excited to finally get to being him home. Gabby and Matt were adopting Louie, the kid from the fire. They talked it over and agreed upon it. Louie needed a new home now that his foster parents were deceased. Gabby couldn't wait to have a little one in the house again. When Gabby pulled into the parking lot she turned off the car and tossed her keys in her purse. She walked inside and handed them the papers. They had already gone through all the interviews and house visits.

Louie came running out and wrapped Gabby in a hug. He clutched his special bear in his hand. Gabby felt warmth run through her body. A wide smile spread across her face.

"Hey Louie. You ready to go home?" asked Gabby.

"Yeah" squeaked Louie.

He grabbed Gabby's hand as they walked out of the center together. Louie had a green coat on with his outfit. He held onto his bear as Gabby got him in the car.

A couple blocks over Erin was sitting at the district wrapping up her shift. Jay smiled at her as he walked over to her desk. He planted a kiss on her lips as he reached her.

"Ready to go babe. Everyone is clocking out" said Jay.

"Yeah"

All the detectives from the district started walking down the steps. They talked as the clocked out near Trudy.

"Seriously, Antonio stop acting like a fool. Just go on a date!" pressured Erin.

"Erin! I have two kids just into adulthood! I'm divorced as well," rebuttled Antonio.

"But your still attract! Corin said that the day she became your partner" informed Kim.

"No she didn't" said Antonio as ye rolled his eyes.

"Yes she did. She said I'm happy I got a hot partner instead of a weird one like Adam'. So there you go"

"Hey! But seriously man, at least get laid!" cried Adam.

"Don't listen to Ruzek. He couldn't get Kim till years afterwards. Just be yourself man and get out there" advised Jay.

"Why do you guys even care?" asked Antonio.

"Whatever. Who's up for drinks? The kids are taking care of themselves since there teens!" announced Erin.

"Sure! I'm in!" cheered everyone.

The walked out of the district talking and laughing. Trudy was talk to a teenage girl who looked beautiful. She had long brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hi! I'm looking for a Detective Erin Lindsay"

"Oh yes. She's married now so it's Halstead. Is it important?"

"Yes, please"

"Erin!" called Trudy.

Erin turned around along with everyone else.

"What's up Platt?" asked Erin.

"This girl is looking for you"

Erin walked over to the girl while everyone else kept talking, waiting for her.

"Erin Lindsay?" asked the girl.

"Yes. How can I help you?"

"I'm Haley Decotis. Nadia Decotis' daughter"