Chapter 8: Return of The Absentee Mother

"Corin what are you doing back here?" asked Jay.

"I'll explain later. How's Skye? Where is she?"

"Slow down. She overdosed on heroin. Rhodes was able to get her back. She's fine, she is just resting,"

"Thank god. I don't know why she would do such a thing,"

"It was her way of handling her grief,"

"This is all my fault. I should have never left,"

"Hey! This is not your fault. You saved a life and Skye chose this,"

"You're right. Where is she? And Kelly?"

"Down in trauma room 5"

Corin turned to walk away when Jay called her.

"Hey sis! It's good to have you home. I'm expecting to hear that story later"

Corin smiled at her big brother then walked down the hallway. She had a black eye and a big bruise on her neck. She stood in the doorway looking at her beautiful, sleeping daughter. Then she slid her eyes over to see Kelly sitting and a chair, face in his hands. Corin had missed her husband so much.

"Hey babe" quitley called Corin as she smiled.

Kelly knew that voice anywhere. He turned and smiled when saw saw Corin. He walked over, hugged her, then kissed her. Once they pulled apart Kelly brushed the strands of hair away from Corin's face to reveal both bruises.

"Corin..."

"I'm fine. It's just from fighting over there"

"What happened?"

"They tried to get me too but I had my other Marines to back me up. I just got thrown around. I'm fine, I promise. How is she?"

"Rhodes said shes gonna be fine. But she needs help"

"I can't believe she did this. Especially knowing what happened to me"

"I just can't believe I didn't know"

"It's hard to be on top of everthing"

"I'm just glad she's okay and you're home. I missed you every day and just needed you go come home"

They smiled at each other. Then Corin decided she had some things to take care off.

"I'm gonna go check in with Rhodes. I'll stop home to see the kids and come back. I promise"

"Ok. Love you"

"Love you too"

Corin walked down the hall to see Dr. Rhodes finishing typing on the IPad. He turned around just as Corin approached him.

"Dr. Rhodes" stated Corin.

"Corin! Welcome back. What's up?"

"You think I can get checked out?"

"Sure. Come with me"

Corin followed Connor into an empty exam room. She sat down on the bed and he pulled on his gloves.

"What's up?" asked Connor.

"I need a blood test, pregnancy test, and a rape kit"

Down the hall Sylvie came stumbling out of a room with Dr. Choi. She had tears in her eyes. She walked through the waiting room to see Gabby alkng with others from 51 waiting. Gabby looked confused as she stood up and walked over to Sylvie.

"Hey. Everything okay?"

"Jimmy and I got divorced at the beginning of the week. And he killed himself today"

"What?!"

"We didn't tell anybody and now he's gone"

"Sylvie. I'm sorry"

"I don't know how I'm gonna tell the kids. Jimmy and I were just screaming and argueing. I hated the man he became"

"If you need anything I'm here"

"Thanks Gabby"

Sylvie pulled her car keys out of her pocket and headed to her car. Gabby walked over and sat back down. Down past Skylar's room, Rhodes was just finishing up the kit.

"Alright. Your done" said Rhodes as he pushed back in his chair.

"Can I get dressed then?" asked Corin.

"Yes, go ahead. The blood and pregnancy test are rushed so I should get the results shortly" said Rhodes as he leaned against the counter behind him"

"Thank you" said Corin as she buttoned her pants.

"I'm gonna ask especially if I'm doing it off the record. What happened?"

"It happened while I'm on tour. The guys tried to take me along with my friend, did this, and then my fellow marines busted in. Hence the bruising and such"

"Damn. Is everyone okay?"

"One of our soldiers lives were lost but overall physically we are okay but mentally we are screwed up"

"I bet. Why did you need a pregnancy test then if you are unable to have kids?"

"In case. Kristen was a miracle baby and I don't want any of those now. The rape kit was just to see the damage done. The guys are already dead"

"I figured so. I mean especially when your brother heard"

"Jay doesn't know. Nobody does, and you can't tell anybody. Please Connor"

"Fine. I'll just toss the kit. This is my ass on the line so you better be sure"

"I am"

Connor tossed the kit in the garbage. Corin stood up and smiled at him, then she gave him a hug. He hugged her back, comforting her.

"Thank you for saving Skylar. And thank you for doing this," calmy said Corin.

"Of course. I'll pull you aside or call you when I get the results from the tests back," said Rhodes.

"Ok thanks"

Just as Corin was about to leave Kelly came in. He was confused at first to see Corin but then he quickly looked at Rhodes.

"Skylar's awake" said Kelly.

Corin decided she would freshen up before going to see Skye. Gabby drove her home and waited for her. When Corin got out of the shower Gabby was sitting on the couch watching tv. Corin came down the stairs, wrapped in a towel.

"Thank again Gabby. I just need my purse and stuff then we can go back to the hospital"

As Corin bent down to grab her hairbrush off the coffee table, Gabby could see bruises on the backs of her upper thighs. She could also she bruises on Corin's upper arms that looked the a hand grasped her very hard. When Corin stood up Gabby was staring.

"What?" asked Corin, semi rudely.

"Nothing. It's fine I'm okay to wait just take your time. The kids should be home from school in an hour so we can just pick them up on the way if you want"

"Sure that works. I'll be down in five minutes"

"Okay"

Gabby was worried about Corin. She could tell that she was hiding something, from everyone. The hard part was going to be trying to get her to talk about. Because of she doesn't, it could drive her mad.