Chapter 21: News No One Wants to Hear

Kim walked into the bullpen with Adam following behind her. For once they were early to work, so they were the first once there. Sitting in Corin's desk was Skylar who was staring at her phone. Other than that, the place was empty. Kim and Adam were leaning on Kim's desk, involved in a big make out session. Skylar's chuckle finally caught there attention.

"Skye? What are you doing here?" asked Kim, finally noticing her.

"You know how I tried to leave school last week when the accident happened and my teacher wouldn't let me. So, I told her to move or I'd go through her?" stated Skylar with a smile.

"Yeah," replied Adam as he sat on the edge of Corin's desk.

"The teacher complained and got me suspended, pending expulsion. She decided against pressing charges though," explained Skylar.

"Damn," cursed Adam.

"That's ridiculous! You're emotional state was compromised!" debated Kim.

"I know it stupid," said Skylar as she shifted in her chair.

"So why are you here then? I mean you are old enough to stay at home," rephrased Adam as he turned his body to face her.

"My mom went down to the school to talk with them," replied Skylar, smirking.

"Isn't she still upset and frankly pissed about the fact that your dad hasn't woken up?" asked Kim, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, it's been a week. He'll wake up soon... I hope. Besides mom being mad might make this better. Well I shouldn't say better, I should say funnier," smiled Skylar.

"You mean more funny. Funnier isn't a word," corrected Kim.

"Yes it is," replied Adam, confused.

"Oh god. Adam sometimes I swear you are the dumbest man alive!"

"HEY!"

Skylar just laughed at the two. They were distracting her from her worries, which is exactly what she needed. She just needed to have some fun.

Down at the school Corin matched into the principal's office, fuming with anger. Mr. Harper, the school principal, jumped up as the angry woman entered his office.

"Miss, do you have an appointment? I'm afraid if you don't I-" began the principal before he was cut off.

"I don't flipping care if I have an appointment or not. We're gonna have a little talk about you suspending my daughter, Skylar Halstead Severide," matter of factly stated Corin in a harsh tone.

"Oh! So you're Mrs. Severide. We met your husband once. He's a uh, nice man. Well your daughter was suspended for threatening a teacher with bodily harm. Simple as that," stated the principal as he sat behind his very cluttered desk.

"That's bullcrap. You know that she had just found out her father was in a deadly car accident and she was just trying to get to the hospital but the teacher wouldn't let her. I even called her out to leave along with Owen Manning and Carson Rhodes!" growled Corin as she slammed her hands on the desk.

"This all happened before you called them out. She threatended a teacher and left unauthorized. She's looking at expulsion Mrs. Severide."

"That's bullshit. It's fucking bullshit!" cursed Corin.

"I'm sorry. That's the way it is. Maybe you need to get your daughter anger managment and try it yourself."

That's when she lost it. With one swipe of her hands Corin cleared his desk of everythings. Awards crashed and broke while papers went flying. Mr. Harper looked wide eyed at Corin whose eyes were filled with anger.