Miracle (Niall Horan)

Short story. (Bare with me)

Miracles are all round us. Just waiting for a creak in the door or a slight gesture to be welcome. I never really paid attention to miracles, then. Until I got one myself.
   15 years old, Y/n, stood at the store with her latest friends. She changed them every week almost. I always watched her and waited. Waited for anything new to happen, but regularly she had the same look on her small face.
    Y/n never knew me, but I knew her. How she dresses, who she dislike and who she don't, what she eats, but I never really knew where she run off to. I was too curious to find out.
    I followed her to the place one afternoon and saw it. There standing before me and her was a house.
   I followed her in waiting to see what she was doing in there. She walked through the rooms, as if searching. She finally came to a room where she had sat up a bed, her clothes and everything.
   "Don't be afraid. And don't hide in my house." I guess she was speaking to me. As I stepped out from behind the door, I got a good picture of how she really looked. She looked like someone who cares about everything a person.

14 years later, I had married to Y/n. She was the most sweetest thing. Although, she had mood swings. With 2 months in our marriage, we had our first child. Daisy.

  Two years later, I could afford the house or our car. Y/n took on three jobs just to help. I felt miserable to watch her come home everyday with her back hurting and her painful headaches.

    Once we got back on our feet, we moved to America. There we thought we could start a new life. One that was better for all three of us. Moving was a terrible idea. At that time, we didn't know that a disease had spread around Missouri. Y/n was struck by it and was ill. She never give up and kept on fighting. That put hope in all our hearts.

   30 years later, I sit here looking down at my best friend's grave. Today was here birthday, and I have nothing to give her. Nothing to say because I can't. "Dad. Mum would have been proud of you." Daisy said hugging me.

"Why?" I asked still looking down.
"Because you kept her promise."

I'm still looking down. I didn't believe in miracles until I met Y/n. She's the reason most of my success is from her. Without her, I won't have the friends, my beautiful child, my life and most of all I would have the most incredible thing in my life. A miracle.