Hypothermia

My internal temperature dropped to 96.8°F (36°C).  It was kinda painful but not really, yo.  Like, at first, yeah, I was just really cold and I had constant chill bumps.  But then I started shivering every 5 minutes and I got a bit pale. My teeth, my jaw, and the joints in my fingers started aching and my sinuses were frozen.

After I got out of that cold water, my fingers and my toes were white and the nail beds were purple. I helped my mom out with stuff and my temp got lower instead of higher. I stopped feeling anything on my skin. It was weird because I really didn't feel cold. I knew it was cold, but I was very numb. All my joints hurt at that point. My movements were slowed down a lot, too.

My mom eventually told me to go inside and stand under hot water in the shower.  I looked in the mirror before I got in, and holy fuck dude.  My lips were super dark purple and my skin all over my body was super duper white with a bluish tint.  I got in the shower, but I didnt really feel much of anything even though the temperature was all the way on hot.  My mom came in and apparently the shower wasn't enough and my mom came in and my lips were black and she ended up running the bathwater and I had to lay down in the tub.  The water was all the way on the hottest possible temperature, yet it didn't even feel hot to me, like, what?  Warm dish water usually makes me scream bc it burns my hand, but naw.  Freaking fire-water is nothing when your body is literally freezing.

I didn't notice my temperature too much.  I was pretty sidetracked for the longest, and by the time I realized my temp was down, I was already going hypothermic.  It was actually pretty scary at once point, but whatever.

I think the weirdest part is the shower.  You know how after a shower, when you open the curtain or door, the air is suddenly Antarctic?  IT WASN'T COLD.  I mean I didn't physically feel a chill in the air around me.

The inside of my mouth remained super cold for hours, and when I drank a sip of some hot tea, my sinuses ached so much.  My sinuses STILL feel cold, and it's been 9 hours since I've gotten my internal body temp back to normal.

Hope y'all have learned a lot bc I also find this really interesting even though I was the lab rat here lol.

I'll show y'all pictures next.  Like... later.  They're all on my mom's phone since mine died and it's 4:40AM rn.

so for now, enjoy this:

Poor gramps was tricked

Why aren't I asleep tho.   BECAUSE MY WINDPIPE HURTS AND MY NERVES ARE STILL HYPERSENSITIVE RN.  MY SKIN HURTS.  FUCKING HYPOTHERMIC AFTERMATH I SWEAR TO FUCK.  UGH

me rn tho

me rn tho