The Stars

When I went and visited Zephyr, one of the things we did was walk around her col-de-sac after eating a heavy dinner

When I went and visited Zephyr, one of the things we did was walk around her col-de-sac after eating a heavy dinner. Mainly I wanted to walk and she came with me. It was night. The sky was black as can be and I can't recall how many streetlamps there were... maybe two? We walked and chatted and every time we crossed the road, I'd hold her hand and then let go (eventually I didn't wanna let go anymore...or maybe she told me not to let go? But that wouldn't make sense bc of neighbors...I dunno. something like that).
She pointed out that there was a star in the sky and that it's the only one she ever sees. So I stop right after we pass under a street lamp to where it's pretty shaded and told her to come here (cause she kept walking). Then I told her to look at that star a little longer. She did... that night was the first time she truly looked at the stars. Zeph told me that she's always going so she's never really stopped to sniff the roses.
She thought it was just the one. I was there to point out the billions. I could tell by the major shift in her voice that she was bewildered. Or amazed. I need better adjectives to describe this. She mentioned the stars when we continued walking, and before we went back inside, we stopped and looked at the stars for a minute.
I saw a shooting star, but she missed it. She told me she's always wanted to see one. So I told her that one night, we will go stargazing where the lights don't blind us.
Her expression at that time meant the world to me. It's one of my favorite moments to look back on... Her astonishment... Her smile... It has been months, but I can still map out the picture of the sky that night.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Those glow-in-the-dark stars have a purpose for being here under my bed, above my study area where I spend the majority of my time

Those glow-in-the-dark stars have a purpose for being here under my bed, above my study area where I spend the majority of my time. I don't ever want to forget the time that I showed her the stars.
In that picture of them, at first glance, you only really see the big one and maybe a few beside it. But if you keep looking at it, the rest show themselves and you'll see that there are many stars that stretch all the way across the photo. It's like that night.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

My Book of Shiteu is slowly coming to an end. This is something I forgot to write about in a chapter from a couple months ago. So here I am traveling all the way back to when I met my best friend HONEYMYG (idk why but it feels like forever ago) cause it irks me when I think about this not being in my Book of Shiteu 2.

This book is a book of memories. It's important. I can't just not have this in here, otherwise it's just going to feel incomplete. I should've just added it to the chapter after but I was low-key embarrassed that she remembered to put it in her reflection and I didn't.

I left out this memory of the stars and considering how long it's been, I may not be 100% accurate. But it's what I end up thinking about every night. I see this moment when I close my eyes. This memory is absolutely precious to me.

As an extra, yo I found this gif and it's pretty dope