Part 3

Before we left Scotty grabbed his plastic mit and ran out the door. I followed behind him, confused on where we were going. It was already so summer so we weren't ditching. Once we got there Scotty opened a gate and slide through. I slowly followed behind him. I stopped a couple of feet in front of the gate door and Scotty kept moving forward. "Scotty what are you doing?" I whispered. He ignored me and walked a little further. He almost crashed into some long weeds and I giggled. I walked a little further and I heard voices. 

I saw 8 guys playing baseball and they seemed to be really into. I saw who was batting and I noticed that very good looking tan guy, except this time, he was wearing an LA hat. I looked over at Scotty and he was dazed watching them. Me and Scotty heard this really loud growl and I looked behind me and saw a big shadow of some sort of big animal. Then I heard a crack sound. I looked forward and I saw the baseball fly through the air. It was coming towards Scotty. "LOOK OUT!" I heard from on the guys and Scotty turned and fell backwards. I sighed and looked down. I heard all the guys laugh. I looked over at them and they were clucthing their stomachs from laughing so hard. The only that wasn't laughing was the tan boy. "Kay I'll get it." Scotty screamed. Oh no, this is bad. "Scotty. You don't know how to throw. Let me get it." I whispered to him. He just ignored me and grabbed the ball. He took awhile to get into position and threw the ball that didn't land far. I sighed and closed my eyes. The guys were rolling on the floor laughing. Scotty and sighed and almost cried. "My life is over." And he ran off. "Scotty wait!" I screamed but he ignored me.

I looked over at them pissed. How dare they make fun of someone that was new to the neighborhood. The tan guy looked over at me and to me he looked some what sad. I shook my head and ran after Scotty. "SCOTTY WAIT UP!"

Benny's POV:

I hit the ball hard and it flew into the air. I looked ahead and noticed a kid there not knowing what was going on. "LOOK OUT!" Ham screamed and the kid turned around and fell. I looked down then looked back up licking my lips. "Kay I'll get it!" he screamed. He walked slowly up to the fence to grab the ball. I looked a little over to the left and I saw a girl standing there watching and I think she was talking to the kid. Wow! A girl at the Sandlot. That's new. And wow! She was pretty! Hey, they look familiar. Oh yeah! Their my new neighbors! "We're waiting!" Squints yelled. The kid grabbed the ball and ran away from the fence. He got himself into position and threw the ball. Well tried. The guys fell on the floor laughing. I sighed and looked down. I looked at him as he ran away. The girl looked over at us pissed. I gave her a sad smile but she just ran. I'm guessing his name is Scotty.

I looked over at the guys clutching their stomachs and laying on the floor laughing. I was sorta annoyed with them right now. Tomorrow I'll go to their house and ask him if he would like to join us and play some ball.