Part 35

After a couple of hours since Yeah Yeah almost got killed, we were just sitting in the tree house not knowing what to do. "I know. How about I get every piece of my erector sets, combine them together, and get the ball?" Scotty said. "Sorry what?" Ham asked confused. "As you all know, Scotty is a very smart kid. So for Christmases and birthdays our mom would buy him things to build with. If we do connect them to together, we can create a cannon ball fire... thing, and get the ball." I said. "Scotty can control the controlers, Timmy and Ham will help lower the cannon, Squints... you just keep doing what your doing, and the rest of will be out with our gloves ready to catch" The guys looked at me shocked. "Exactly. Right." Scotty said. "Okay well, let's get ready to do it!" Ham said. "Uhm, it's gonna take some time to piece it back together. How about I go home, work on it, and bring it back here tomorrow?" Scotty asked. "Okay man, whatever you needa to do to get that ball back." Benny said. Me and Scotty looked at each other and smiled. 

The next day me and Scotty brought the thing and Ham and Timmy was getting it ready. I looked over at Scotty before I went down the stairs to go over to the other guys, and I have him a slight smile. "Okay, go with me on the launch. C'mon Squints." Ham said. I walked over to Benny and he bent down and kissed my cheek. "Guys, get in position." Benny said and the rest of did what he told us. "Prepare to launch." Ham and Timmy said. "Prepare to launch. Launching." Scotty said and he pressed something on the controller. After a couple of seconds, Squints said, "Okay. You're on the ground." I breathed in and then breathed back out, hoping that this would work. "Moving forward." Scotty said and pressed something. "You went to far. Go back." Squints said. "Reverse. It's to far." Ham and Timmy told Scotty. "Reverse." Scotty said. the guys started hitting their fists into their gloves, ready to catch it. "Stop. Drop catapult." Squints said. "The catapult is dropped." Scotty said to us. "Open catapult." Squints said yet again. "We're gonna get it. I know it." Bertram whispered, but I still over heard. I hope we do. "Forward. Close catapult." I looked up over at Scotty as he worked the controler. "We're gonna get it. Come on." Benny said as he kept hitting his glove. He was behind us all just in case the ball flies fast. "Aahh! Fire, fire, fire!" Squints shouted and ran. Then we see the ball fly in air. We all jumped up, surprised. "I got it, I got it, I got it!!" Benny shouted. Right when we were so close, The Beast jumped in the air and grabbed it in his mouth. All of us stood shocked. "Aahh!" Scotty, Timmy, and Ham shouted. Then the rest of us shouted as The Beast started attacking the medal thing. Then we saw the catapult fly in the air and then back down. 

I looked over at Scotty as he looked down, sad. I sighed. I felt bad for him. He went down the stairs and out the gate. We all followed him except Benny. I guess he was too shocked on what happened. Scotty walked away with his head hanging down. "We have more time, right?" Ham said. I shook my head. "He comes home tomorrow late afternoon. We have no more time." I said. I felt someone hug me from behind and I noticed it was Benny. I sighed and looked down. "Oh c'mon Ash. It's not your fault." Squints said. "It doesn't matter. I'm the oldest. I'm still gonna get into trouble." Benny rubbed my arms and gave me a small peck on my neck. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said and I pulled myself away from Benny's arms and walked home. What are we gonna do now?