Part 30

After a couple of days, we finally got enough courage to actually go with the plan. We were scared. We were in Timmy and Tommy's backyard and we all stared at the fence. "Let's do this." Bertram said. Bertram and Ham walked up the fence and took off the bottom part and put it off to the side. Squints was on the club house with a built in telescope or whatever you wanna call it. Ham got a stick and hit it against the other part of the fence. Yeah Yeah got down on his knees and the rest of the guys followed. "You guys need help?" I asked. "It's okay Ash. We got it." Ham said. I nodded and I sat on the steps of the tree house. "Go." Squints said to them. Benny squated next to Ham, holding his back. Ham layed down and slide the stick through. Oh man. "Farther." Squints said. "Farther. Okay." Ham said and kept sliding the stick in more. "Just a little bit farther." Squints said. "Farther. Farther." The guys told Ham. "Aaahhh!" I heard Squints yell and then the guys. I looked over at the worried. "Oh no. Ahhh!" They would scream. I jumped to my feet, worried. The guys tried to pull Ham and Ham was holding the stick but they couldn't pull him back. Then there was a crack sound and Ham pulled the stick back. They all screamed. The end of the stick was chewed off and had slobber all over it. It was nasty. 

The guys stood up and Ham was looking at the stick. "Oh man." Benny said looking at the stick. I was shocked. "Are you guys okay?" I asked and they nodded. "The stick isn't though." Bertram said. I nodded and looked at the stick. "You guys need to be careful." I said. They nodded in agreement. "New plan." Ham said and walked into the club house. The guys followed but Benny stayed. He looked down at the stick on the floor. "Benny?" I asked. He seemed out of it. He then shook his head and looked at me, "Yeah?" I walked up to him slowly. "Please don't continue with this. You guys can seriously get hurt." I said. "Come on Ashley." Scotty said from the club house. I looked up and the guys were looking over at us from the club house. "Scotty, it's to dangerous. You guys can seriously get killed. You will have their blood on your hands Scotty. I think you guys should stop." I said to him a little furrious. "But Ashley, that's a signed baseball from Babe Ruth. The greatest baseball player in history. We need to get that ball back." Benny said. I rolled my eyes. "At this point, I don't care. I don't want you guys to get hurt." I said. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Then, don't help." Benny snapped at me. He walked up the stairs and into the tree house and the guys followed. I looked down, trying to hold back my tears. Why was he mad at me? I just don't want him or the rest of the guys to get hurt. I sighed and wiped away a tear the shed down. I sat down on the second to last step of the tree house and I put my head in my hands. I don't want him mad at me.