Part 37

I woke up the next morning and I looked around my room. I walked up to my closet and I opened the door, everything was in place. I went to my desk to grab some clothes and I looked at the wall. My 'Henry Aaron' card was there. Hmmm. I thought and thought. I quickly got dressed and I looked at the time. 7:45 am. I ran out the door and to Smalls house. How was I gonna call them? I looked around and I found a fence door that led to a side yard. I jumped over it and I looked at the windows. I looked and I noticed plain white curtains. I looked over to the window next to it and I saw light green curtains. That's Ashley's room so the room with the white curtains must be Smalls. I ran to the window and I knocked, quit fast too. After a little while, Smalls came to the window. He had a confused look but he opened it anyway. "I had a dream. Get dressed. We're going to the sandlot." I told him quickly. I left the window to go to Ashley's. "Okay. Wait. I'll get my stuff." Smalls said. I nodded and I knocked on her window. After a little bit, Ashley opened her curtains. She looked so cute with a tired face. She opened the window with a confused look. "Benny? What's wrong?" She asked in a tired voice. "I had a dream last night. I know how to get the ball back. We need to go to the sandlot now, okay baby." She nodded and leaned forward a little. I leaned in forward and kissed her. "Hurry up, okay babe?" She nodded and walked away. 

We got all the guys together but before we did, I had to run home to get my shoes that I have been saving for school but I know I can use them now. We all walked onto the sandlot. All the guys know what I'm gonna do, but not Ash. If I told her what I was gonna do, she would flip and wouldn't let me. I bet down and opened the lid to the shoe box. I took off my old P.F Flyers off and added my news one on. "We can't let him do this man." DeNunez said. I sighed and started tying my shoes. I stood up and looked at the fence. "What is he gonna do? Benny, what are you gonna do?" Ashley asked, worry in her tone. I ignored her. I walked over to a the old car that was left here, and I jumped on it. "Benny wait." Smalls said. I stopped and looked down. "Benny, what are you doing?" I heard Ashley. I sighed and looked at them. "It's okay. It was my fault. You don't have to do this." Smalls said. "Wait. Wait, Benny... are you gonna jump the fence?" Ashley said. She looked back at the guys. "Is he gonna jump the fence?" She asked the. They slowy nodded. She looked at me, scared. "Benny no! Please don't." She said. "Yeah. C'mon Benny man. You don't have to do it. Forget about it. It's like commiting suicide, Benny. Don't do it." Squints said. "Yeah, don't do it Benny." Timmy said. "Yeah. Don't do it. It's suicide." Repeat repeated. I looked at Ashley and she looked at me, worried. I sighed, "Yeah, I do Smalls. I have to do this." I started climbing again and I looked over the fence and then back at them. "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." I replayed that in my mind. I looked over at Ashley. It looked like she wanted to cry. I winked at her. I looked over at Smalls and I gave him a thumbs up. I looked at the fence and I jumped it, landing right in The Beasts home.