Part 36

I walked into my house and into the kitchen. I sat down on the chair and sighed. "Is everything okay sweety?" My mom asked me. "Did you and Benny break up?" I looked up at her confused. "No. Me and Benny didn't break up." I told her as I grabbed myself a glass of water. "Okay then... why do you seem so down? So sad?" She asked me. She is not gonna let this go. "Nothing went down. I'm okay. I just.... I feel a little light headed from playing in the heat is all." I had my back towards her so she didn't see my face. I gulped down some water. "Next time, you and Scotty bring some water bottles please. He said the same thing too." I turned around and looked her. "Is he okay?" I asked kinda fast. "Yea. Just light headed like you. Why do you seem so worried? What happened?" I sighed and I put my glass into the sink. "Nothing mom. Just.. being the big sister and looking after him is all." She smiled and nodded her head. She cam up to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Go wash up. Dinner is almost ready." I nodded and watched her as she walked away. 

I walked into Scotty's room to make sure he was okay. He was sitting at his desk with his head in his hands. "How ironic. Me and you came up with the same lie and told mom." I chuckled. He just sighed. I sat on his bed, "Scotty. We can still get that ball back." He turned to look at me like I was crazy. "No we can't. Bill comes home in one day. I don't have anymore ideas. No one has anymore ideas. I'm dead meat. When he comes home, I'll just tell him the truth. Please go and start digging up a grave for me." Scotty said. "He's not gonna kill you Scotty. Mom won't let that happen and neither will I. We will just be grounded till we're 80." I told him and he chuckled a little. "You won't grounded. I will." I looked forward and I crossed my legs. "No. I will too Scotty. I'm the oldest and I'm suppose to watch what you do." He sighed. "But I was suppose to be the man of the house. I got myslef into this because I'm egg head." I giggled. "Yeah, you kinda are." He pinched me. "Shut up." We laughed. "Dinner is ready!" We looked towards the door and then walked out.

Benny's POV:

This week has been crazy. So much we did to get that ball back and nothing. It's still there. The Beast still has it. A signed Babe Ruth ball is in that backyard, gaurded by The Beast. Man, Smalls is gonna get in so much trouble. I just wish there was something I can do. Be a hero for him and Ashley. For Yeah Yeah, Ham, Squints, Timmy, Tommy, Bertram, and Kenny. After awhile I finally dozed off but I heard shaking. I sat up fast and I heard, wait, is that a crowd cheering? What was going on? I heard something coming from closet. I sat up fast, thinking of getting my baseball bat. "Who's there?" I asked whatever was on the other side of the door. Then, the door opened and I saw... Babe Ruth. I blinked hard once and then opened my eyes and he was still there. Woah! "Don't go pee in your pants kid. I'm just here to give you a hand." He said. I gulped and then looked down. I was in my white tank and black boxers. I looked back up at him. "B-but you're--" I started. "Dead? Legends never die kid." He said. "But you're really him." I looked back at a picture I have of him by my bed to make sure and then I looked back towards him. "You're The Babe. The Sultan of Swat. The King of Crash." He interupted me. "Of crash, and a hundred other dopey names. Forget about that stuff kid. We ain't got much time." I was confused. What did he mean? "I'm here 'cause your in some kind of a pickle. Right?" He asked me. I nodded, "Yeah." He continued, "A baseball with my John Hancock on it went over a fence and you can't get it back, right?" He asked me. "Yeah. Right." I said. How does he know this? He came over to me. "Then just hope over there and get it." He said like it was simple. He started walking back to my closet. "Wait, wait. I can't." I told him, dissapointment in my voice. "Can't what?" He asked me. 

"I can't go into that backyard." I said and looked down. "Why not?" Wow, he asks a lot of questions. I sighed and looked back up at him. "There's a beast back there." I took the cigar out of his mouth and blew out the smoke and looked at me. "What kind?" Is this 20 questions? "A giant gorilla dog thing. That ate one kid already." I told him. "Is that a fact? Sit down kid." He told me. I sat on my bed and he sat on an extra chair I had in my room. I saw him pick up a baseball card that I had on my counter. He looked at it and then back at me. He took the cigar out of his mouth again and sat down, "Let me tell you something kid. Everybody gets once chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either 'cause they're to scared or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance." I nodded my head. "...and you shouldn't let it go by. I mean, remember when you busted the guts out of that ball the other day? Someone's telling you something kid. If I was you, I'd listen." I nodded and then looked down. "Yeah. But what?" I looked back up to him. He just chuckled. "You're the one with the rubber legs. Figure it out." He patted my knee and sat up. He looked at the cared again, "Henry Aaron. I don't know why, but can I have this kid?" "Sure, yeah." I said right away. He walked back over to my closet and opened the door. I sat up fast. "Wait. You're saying that I should hop over that fence and pickle The Beast?" I asked him. He took the cigar out of his mouth again. "Think about that kid. I'll see you later." He said and closed the door. I sighed and sat on my bed. I looked at the picture, then I heard his voice. I looked over at the door. "Remember kid, there's hereos and there's legends. Hereos get remembered, but legends never die." I sat down on my bed and looked over at the picture. "Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." I sighed and layed back in bed. Now I know what I need to do.