Part 44

After a week of Scotty being grounded, he finally got to play with us some baseball. During that week, I got closer to Bill. So did Scotty. I can call him dad without it sounding so weird. I got closer to the rest of the sandlot kids. One morning, after I was done eating breakfast, I walked into the backyard and I saw Scotty playing with dad. During the time he was grounded, he couldn't play ball with us, but he did play catch with dad. He noticed that Scotty was getting better at his throw than the first time. I giggled, remembering that day like it was just yesterday. So much has changed since then. All in a good way too. "Wow! You're starting to hurt my hand." Dad chuckled when he caught the ball. Me and my mom laughed and Scotty looked proud. "Hey Scotty. After this you wanna go to the sandlot?" I asked him. He looked at me and nodded. "Let me just finish this game with dad." He said. I smiled and nodded. "Want me to help you clean the kitchen mom?" I asked her. She looked at me and smiled, "Yes honey. Thank you." My mom said.

After an hour of cleaning the kitchen and Scotty playing catch, we walked to the sandlot. "Finally you guys are here. We need you Small." Ham said. Scotty smiled. "Sorry guys, I was playing catch with my dad while my sister was with my mom cleaning the kitchen." Scotty told the. "Oh, that's alright." The guys said. Scotty ran to his spot  and Benny walked up to me. "So, you guys have no problem calling him dad now?" He asked me. I looked up at him and smiled. "Nope. We got closer to him this week." He smiled at me. "Today we need to go to Mr. Mertle's house. Wanna come with me?" Benny asked. "Sure. I'd love to go and see him and Hercules." I smiled. "Oh yeah, we now have a new member to the team?" Benny said. I looked at him confused. "I thought you didn't want to add anyone else." I said. "Well I think you're gonna like this new member." He said chuckling and pointing over to his right. I looked over and I saw Hercules sitting there, with his his tounge sitting out and wearing one of Benny's old T-shirt and written on the shirt was 'Hercules'. I laughed. "You're right. I really do like this new member." I said and Benny laughed. He kissed me and was about to walked but then stopped and turned around. "Oh yeah. I'm taking you out on a date tonight." He smiled. I smiled and nodded. "Okay." He laughed walked to home base. I walked over to Hercules and I sat on the floor next to him. His tail started wagging once he saw me. I patted his head and watched the game. "C'mon on Benny!" I heard Squints shout. Benny his the ball and Scotty caught it, but Benny made it back before they caught him. After awhile I got up. "I wanna play now!" I shouted. "Oh no!" Squints joked. I looked at him and playfully glared at him. "You know I'm just joking Ash." He said and we all laughed. "I know!" I replied and hit the ball.