Part 8

Ashley's POV: "You ever have a paper route?" Benny asked Scotty. "I helped a guy once." Scotty replied. "Okay, well chuck it like you would throw a paper. When your hand gets here, just let go. Just let go." Benny said, motining his hand. I looked at Scotty. "See Scotty. Its simple." I smiled at my brother. Benny nodded and walked. "How-how do I catch it?" Scotty said. Benny turned around, "Just stand there and stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it." He said and started walking back. "Good luck Scotty." I said and walked back to the dugout. 

"It's about time Benny, my clothes are going out of style." Squints said. I sighed. Why can't they just calm down? I thought to myself. "They already are Squints." I think it was either Yeah Yeah or Timmy that said it. "Shut up!" Squints yelled back. I giggled. "Smalls! Throw it to second!" Benny yelled. I looked over at Scotty and he said, "Okay!" Benny threw the ball up and hit it. Please catch it, please catch it Scotty! He threw his glove in the air and just stood there with his eyes closed. Next thing I see, is the baseball in his glove. OMG! He cought it!! "YEAH! WOOHOO!!!" I cheered. He seemed so happy. I looked over at the guys and Benny screamed, "Yeah!" Squints took off his glasses, cleaned it and put it on again. "Alright!" Benny yelled again in excitment. "He's alright." Squints said. Well Squints, he's better than alright now. "You go brother!" I cheered for him. 

Scotty threw the ball and Betram cought. "Alright. Let's play some ball!" He said smiling and throwing the ball to Kenny. Scotty gave a thumbs up to Benny and Benny scream with so much proud and gave him a thumbs up. Scotty looked at me and smiled wide. I smiled and cheered for him while I was clapping my hands. 

The game kept going and I was starting to get a little bored. I looked over at Benny and I shouted his name, "Benny!" He looked over at me confused. I called him over and he ran towards me. "What's up?" He asked. "Well, I was thinking. Maybe could I give it a try?" I asked him. "Like, may I hit the ball. I know how." I looked at him. "Yeah sure. Of course you can." I smiled and followed him to the pitchers spot. "Uh, what is she doing here?" Ham asked Benny. "She's gonna hit." Benny said and handed me the baseball bat. "Haha that's funny Benny, man." Ham sarcasticaly laughed.

"You think I can't do it?" I said to him and he looked at me, "Well, your brother couldn't." I rolled my eyes. "Well he's good now and in fact, I already know how to play." I said sorta loud and I heard the guys laughing. "Guys, shut up!" Benny yelled at them. I was so angry at this point. I took the baseball bat out of Benny's hands and got myself ready. "How slow do you want me to throw?" Kenny joked. I rolled my eyes, "Throw as hard as you can." He laughed and threw the ball. I swung the bat and it hit the ball hard. It flew high in the air and Scotty ended up catching it. "Woah!" I heard Benny and Ham say. I looked at Kenny and smirked. "She's alright." Squints said.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay guys, let's call it for now. Its lunch time." Benny said. I gave him the bat. "Thanks." I said to him. "No problem. Your really good." Benny said to me. "I was surprised." He continued. "Never judge a book by its cover." I smirked to him. He laughed and we walked home.