Part 10

"So uh, where are we walking too?" Scotty asked. "I don't know. I don't know this neighbor hood that well yet. I just wanted to leave the house." I replied just looking forward but I noticed at the corner of my eye Benny was looking at me. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to leave?" Benny asked. "Because our mom found it weird that is making friends with guys instead of girls." Scotty said. I looked at him and slapped his arm. "Thanks idiot. Now you made me look lame." I yelled at Scotty and walked faster than them. "Hey, wait." Benny started. "I don't think its weird that your becoming friends with us." I starting walking slower and I looked back at him. "You don't?" "No, I don't." He smiled at me. I smiled back, "Thanks." Scotty sighed and started mumbling something that I couldn't quite figure out what he was saying. 

That night I walked into Scotty's room and I saw him writting something at his desk. "Watcha doing?" He jumped and looked at me. "Dang Ashley. You scared me. Next time knock!" He said, clearly annoyed. "I just wanted to see how you were doing." I said. "I'm great." He casually said. "What are you writting?" I was obviously trying to be nosy to get on his nerves. Hey I'm the big sister, that's what we do. "None of your business." He said. "Scotty! Come make yourself some chocolate milk. I took the milk out for you." Our mom said. "Coming!" Scotty yelled and walked out of the room. Me, being the nosy sister, I looked at what he wrote. 

                         "Baseball Stuff To Remember"

                             1. The Great Bambino?

I sighed and walked into my room to go to bed.

The next day we were all at the sandlot waiting for Ham to hit the ball but he was taking his precious time. I wasn't sitting at the dugout today. I wasn't standing in the diamond either but a little close to Benny and Ham. I asked Benny if I could stand here and watch and he said it was okay. "Hamilton 'The Babe' Porter. 'Long-Ball Porter. Come on DeNunez." Ham said while swinging the bat. We all chuckled while Benny was just scrounching in the back. He threw his left hand in the air doing the pose that Babe Ruth did. We all bursted out laughing. "Yea okay. Yes I see it. Yes." Benny said starting to get a little impationt. DeNunez throw the ball and Ham misses. All the boys start laughing. "Strike one!" I shouted and laughed. Ham looked at me and glared. I winked at him and smirked. "Woah!" Benny said, taunting Ham.

"You call that pitching?" Ham said annoyed. DeNunez started laughing loud. I giggled. Benny threw the ball back to DeNunez. "This is baseball, not tennis!" Ham said. He was so mad. "Give him a tennis racket!" Yeah Yeah yelled and laughed. "Give me something to hit." Ham said swinging the bat. All right Ham, this is my heater. I DARE you to hit it." DeNunez joked. "You'll be sorry." Ham mumbled. I looked at him, wondering what he meant by that. "Give him a basketball. Maybe then he'll hit it." Squints said. DeNunez threw the ball and POW! The ball flew in the air. Scotty started running to catch the ball but the ball went over the fence. Woah. "Oh man!" The guys said. "Yeah! That's how you do it." Ham said proud and started jogging around the diamond while the guys started hitting him and throwing there gloves at him. I looked over at Benny, "Ham, you idiot. Now we can't play no more!" Benny said all mad. Wait what. Yes we can. I started jogging towards the fence and I caught up to Scotty. "Scotty, go get the ball." I said to him. "Wait guys, I'll get it." Scotty yelled and started going to the fence.

Benny's POV: Man, he hit a homerunner and now we can't play. Dang it Ham! "Hit me with the heater." Ham said. "Stupid, idiot." The guys said while hitting him. "Low and outside. Just like I like it." Ham said while running. Why is he proud? He ruined the game for us! "I'm gonna hit you!" Yeah Yeah said. I sighed and just picked up the glove. "1932 called shot World Series by The Babe." Ham added. "Called shot by The Babe." I just rolled my eyes ignoring him. "Noooo!!" I heard Squints yelled. I looked back and I saw Small climbing the fence. "Noooo!!" The rest shouted ans we ran towards him! Squints ran first but his tiny legs didn't work for me. Me, being the oldest and tallest I ran past all of them, jumping over some long weeds and getting Small off the fence with the rest.

"Guys? What's wrong?" Ashley yelled confused. "Get off! Guys, I gotta get the ball. Get off of me!" Smalls yelled. "You're gonna get yourself killed!" Repeat said. "Killed man, jeez!" Bertram said right after. I sighed and we walked in front of him. I looked over at Ashley and she was just as confused as Smalls. I sighed out of breathe and looked at Smalls. "Holly crap, you could of been killed!" Squints said out of breathe. "Yeah, yeah truley. What are you doing?" Yeah Yeah asked. "You guys were leaving, so I just thought I'd hope the fence, Ashley told me--" Smalls started but Squnits interupted him, "If you were thinking you wouldn't of thought that." "You can't go back there Smalls." I said to him as he turned to look at me.

"Why?" Ashley asked. "Then how do we get the ball back?" Smalls asked. "We don't." Timmy said. "It's history." "It's history." Reapeat repeated. "Kiss it goodbye." Timmy said. "Kiss it-" Repeat started, "Shut up Tommy!" Timmy said. I looked at the guys. "It's gone man. Gone." Bertram added. I sighed and said, "Games over man. We'll just get another ball tomorrow. We'll never see it again." I wish we didn't have to do that if Ham didn't hit the hommer. We all turned around to walk away but Ashley said, "Why not?" We all urned around and said at the same time, "The Beast." "What is that?" Smalls asked. I sighed, bit my bottom lip, looked to the ground then back up. I walked up to him, "Smalls. Listen to me. Go to that fence, real slow, and be quit." I said. "What?! Scotty don't do it!" Ashley argued. "He needs to see it." Squints said. "I don't care! My brother isn't gonna get himself hurt or maybe even killed because you guys told him to go the stupid fence!" She yelled. The guys shused her." Don't shush me!" I sighed and looked back at Smalls. He started stuttering, "But I-I-I think--" "No, no, no, no. Just go and peek through that hole." I said convincing him. "But I--" He stuttered again. "But I saw something. What's back there?" He asked, clearly scared. "Its okay. Just go." I said I walked back to my spot.

"Benny!" Ashley looked at me with disbelief. I licked my lips and ignored her and looked back at Small.s He slowly started walking towards the fence. "Shhh!" We all said. He peeked through the face, jumped, and ran back to his spot. "Something got the ball." He said. "What? What got the ball?" Ashley asked. "What was that thing?" Smalls asked. We all looked at each other and said, "Camp out!"