Part 17

Benny's POV: A couple of days later, we were all at the snadlot. Not a shock there. The boys were all shouting as I was running the diamond. "Come on! Hurry up!" Ham was yelling to Squints. "First!" Squints yells and throws the ball to first. I ran kept running, "Run!" I heard Ashley scream. "Back off!" Ham screamed as he caught the ball and threw it to Yeah Yeah. I was stuck in between them, running back and forth. Then Yeah Yeah threw it to DeNunez, "Throw it in! Throw it in!" Ham was shouting. "Get him! Get him!" Ham shouted once more. Right when DeNunez threw the ball, I turned and ran to home base. "Go Benny!" I heard some of the guys shout and Ashley shout. I looked over at the feild and she was jumping and clapping, cheering for me. I ran to the gate and held it so I wouldn't run into it. "Oh damn!" Squints shouted. Ashley ran up at me and kissed me. "Getting a kiss from the cheer learder." DeNunez joked. We pulled away and I laughed. The guys came running up to me and we talked about what just happened. Then we heard Squints yell, "Oh no!" I looked over and I saw Phillips and his his dang team. "Who are they?" Ashley whisperd.

Ashley's Pov: I asked Benny who they were but he ignored me. Ham started walking forward and he threw his glove to the ground. Benny went and picked up the baseball bat and followed Ham. The guys following behind. I followed them and stood a little nehind Benny. More close to his side but still behind him. The guys on the bikes stopped in front of them and this looked like it was gonna be a fight. Oh I hope not. I looked behind me and I saw all the gloves on the floor. I didn't even realize that they threw them. I looked over at Smalls and he seemed confused just like me. The guys on the bikes were wearing baseball uniform. I'm guessing there a team. Benny had his bat in has hand and anger on his face. Ham was in front of us all. "It's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects, a fat kid, and a cheer learder, Rodriguez." The guy with the baseball jacket said. Excuse me? I'm no cheer learder. I rolled my eyes. "Shut your mouth Phillips!" Benny said. Oh, so his name is Phillips. He seems like a jack ass already. 

"What'd you say, crap face?" Ham yelled at him. "I said, you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball." Phillips started, "Except for Rodriguez, you're all an insult to the game. And you have a girl playing with you. What a bunch of losers. Babe, you shouldn't play with these guys. They suck. You should come over to our field and I'll show you some tips." Phillips said and winked at me. I glared at him and started walking up to him. DeNunez that was next to Benny grabbed me. "Come on! We'll take you on right here, right now! Come on!" Ham yelled and we all shouted in agreement. "We play on a real diamond, Porter." Phillips said. Wow, what a bunch of annoying rich boys. I pushed myself out of DeNunez' arms and walked right next to Benny, glaring at Phillips. "You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats." Phillips said. "Watch it, jerk!" Ham said. "Shut up, idiot!" Phillips said. "Moron!" Ham screamed. "Scab eater!" Phillips screamed back. Ugh, oh no. "Butt sniffer!" Ham yelled. "Pus licker!" Phillips yelled back.

"Fart smeller!" Ham yelled. Bertram smelled that air, laughing at Phillips. Phillips licked his lip then said, "You eat dog crap for breakfast, geek." Ham contiued, "You mix your Wheaties with your mama's toe jam!" Eww. "Yeah!!" The guys shouted. "You bob for apples in the toilet, and you like it." Phillips said and his friends chuckled and said, "Oooooh!" Like little girls. I looked over at Ham and he looked pissed. "You play ball like a girl!" He shouted. Then, everything went quit. I looked over at Ham. Hey, I'm a girl and I can play. I felt a little hurt by that but none of the guys said anything. They all looked shocked, including the rich boys. Then some of the boys stared laughing. I rolled my eyes, angry. "What did you say?" Phillips said. "You heard me." Ham replied, smirking. "Tomorrow. Noon. At our field. Be there, buffalo-butt breathe." Phillips said. "Count on it, pree drinking crap face!" Ham shouted. "Let's go!" Phillips yelled to the guys as the started riding away. The boys kicked their wheels. "Jerks." Ham said and walked to his spot. As the guys got back into their spot, I stood in the same place, looking down. "Ashley, baby, you okay?" Benny said to me. I looked over at him and then to Ham then to the boys. I sighed and started leaving. "Where are you going?" Squints shouted to me. "Home. Girls can't play ball. Right Ham?" I glared at him and walked away.