Part 43

Scotty's POV: Today was the day that Bill gets home. I wonder what's gonna happen when I tell him about what happened to his sign Babe Ruth ball. He's gonna kill me. I just know it. I walked into the kitchen and I see Ashley making toast. "Want some toast?" She asked me. I nodded and sat at the table. "Are you ready?" I asked. She looked at me confused. "What do you mean?" She asked. "For Bill. He just got home." I told her while looking out the window, seeing him and my mom kiss. "Oh boy." Ashley whispered. We walked outside greeting bill. "Hey guys!" He said while hugging us. "Hey Bi- I mean dad. I need to tell you something." I said. I need to tell him now. "Okay. Shoot." He said. "Here goes nothing. Well after you went on your trip to Chicago, me, Ashley, and the guys went to go play some ball. Benny busted the guts out of a baseball--" He interupted me. "Really? Wow! That kid is gonna go somewehere in the future." He said. I looked at Ashley and she smiled at Bill. "Yea, anyways. After that we didn't have a ball to play but then I said we did and I sorta, kinda, took.... your ball." I said the end fast. "My ball? What ball? The only ball I have is... my signed Babe Ruth ball." He said the end slowly. He looked at me, "Oh no Scotty. Please don't tell you took that ball." He said to me. I looked down, feeling guilty. "I did and I'm so sorry and I hit it and I did a homerun and it went over a fence that had this big huge mean dog and we did everything to get it and once we got it, it was all chewed up and ruined." I said looking at him. He sighed a loud sigh. "Scotty!" My mother yelled at me. "But the owner of the dog wanted to trade for that ball." I said. "Of course he wasnted to trade. That's a signed baseball from Babe Ruth!" He shouted. I handed him the ball, it was wrapped in a dish towel. He took the ball from and looked at me. "What's this?" He asked. "That ball is signed from every player on the team from the 1927 Yankees. Including Babe Ruth." I said. He unwrapped it and looked at it. "Wow." He whispered and looked at me. "I'm still mad that you took that ball but this, this is amazing." He said to me. I smiled wide and looked at Ashley. "But your grounded for a week." He said and patted my head, picked up his bags and walked inside. I sighed. "Hey, at least he didn't kill you." Ashley said. "Yeah your right. A week isn't so bad." I said. "Hey guys, ready to play some ball?" Benny walked over to us. He kissed Ashley and looked at me. "I can't. I'm grounded for a week." Benny chuckled. "At least it wasn't for your whole life." He said. We laughed in agreement.