Part 16

Ashley's POV: I walked into my house and my mom and Bill were standing right in the hallway looking at me. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Scott told us that you kissed that Benny kid." Bill said to me. I looked behind them and glared at Scotty. I looked back at them and simply said, "Yes." My mom sighed. "Mom! I'm 15 yeard old. I'm old enough to date. Mom, you told me that when you got together with dad, you were 14. But how come, that I'm 15, its bad for me?" I asked. I wasn't trying to start an arugument but it was true. "I'm not mad at the fact that you have a boyfriend honey. I'm happy for you, really I am. I just want you to be careful." My mom said. "And we mean careful as when you two decide to do the.. uhm.. you know..." I rolled my eyes. "What?" I asked. "When you guys are really into each other and decide to go--" I stopped my mom from talking. "Woah! Okay. I know what you mean. Stop talking please!" I said, feeling weird that we were actually on that topic. "Just be careful." Bill said and patted my shoulder and walked away. I looked at my mom, she smiled and walked away. I looked over at Scotty and glared at him. "Why did you tell them?" I asked with annoyment in my voice. "I'm sorry Ashley. Its just that I find it weird that you two are dating." He said and looked at me. "Why do you find it weird?" I asked him. "Because. Benny is my best friend and your my sister. Its just weird to me." He said honestly. All of a suddon, I wasn't angry anymore. I just laughed. "Don't worry brother. One day your gonna get yourself a girlfriend." I smiled and walked into my room to go to bed. 

The next day was the 4th of July. Around 5pm the whole neighborhood got together and made a bunch of food. This was actually kinda cool. I've never seen something like this before. Next thing I know, Benny was knocking on the door. I was sitting on the couch just watching TV and Scotty was sitting crissed crossed on the floor, but got up when he heard and saw Benny at the door. "Let's go. Get your glove and come on." Benny said in a rushed voice. I got up and looked up at him through the door. He smiled at me and winked. "What's the big deal?" Scotty said. "Night game. Come on, come on." Benny said. "Wanna come too babe?" He asked me. "Sure." I grabbed my ball and walked out the door. "Mom, we're going out!" Scotty said. Benny took my hand and we ran, Scotty following. I saw the rest of the guys sitting at a bench and they all grabbed their things, got up, and ran with us. "Guys! Wait up!" We heard and saw Ham. I looked back at him as he was grabbing some food. I smiled and looked ahead. Our hands still connected. "Woohoo!" The guys chattered and screamed. 

We got to the sandlot and the guy got into their spots. Ready to play. I looked up at the sky, seeing all the fireworks. I smiled and looked at the guys. They all looked so professional. I smiled at the guys as they played. I dropped my glove on the floor and looked up at the beautiful lit sky. I heard a smack, and I saw the baseball fly. All the guys turned and stopped to look at the sky. I giggled and smiled. Benny just kept running around the diamond. Not caring for the fireworks happening above him. He looked over at me while running and smiled. I smiled back at him and it felt like everything was in slow motion. Once he got to home base, he came up to me, grabbed me, and kissed me. I kissed him back but pulled away. I looked at the guys and they were busy looking at the sky. I smiled looked away. I looked up at Benny. His eyes twimkled from the lights of the fireworks. I leaned up on my toes and kissed him. He kissed me back and what felt like hours but was only minutes, we pulled away and the guys played. I sat on the floor, away from the game and looked up at the sky and just smiled widely to myself.

Benny's POV: That kiss meant everything to me. As I got back to play, I looked over at her as she was smiling by herself. She was so beautiful. Tonight was just a beautiful night. I can't believe she is mine. The guys would look up at the sky but I would call them to play and when I would look at Ashley, the guys would call me to play. Baseball was life to me, but so was Ashley.