Part 46

The summer was coming to an end. Only two more days and we start school. I was a nervous wreck. I coldn't even concentrate on playing baseball because I was only thinking about school. What are my classes gonna be? Who are gonna be my teachers? Who is gonna be in my class? How are the girls gonna be? I was snapped out of my trace by Benny snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Baby. Ash. Are you okay?" He looked at me concerned. "C'mon Ash!! We want to play already!!!" Ham shouted from his spot on the field. I sighed. "No." I said and I started walking to the dugout. Benny followed me. We sat down on the bench and he layed his left hand on my right knee. "What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything Ash." He said to me. I sighed and looked at him. "I'm just so nervous for school. I mean we start school in two days!! I only have you guys as friends." I said to him. "And? What's wrong with only having us as friends?" He said, sounding about sad. "Oh no! Baby I didn't mean it like that. I mean like, the girls are gonna start talking and start gossiping." I said and looked ahead. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear. "Wait till they find out who you are dating." I looked at him and he winked. I just smiled. "Okay, thanks babe. Now, go! Finish your game." He smiled and we kissed. What did he mean about that? Did he mean that every girl in the school wanted him? And does he know that every girl in the school wants him? Oh hell no! I am not letting that happen. 

First day of school. He we are. This is it. I looked over at Scotty and he looked at me. "Hey guys!" I looked ahead and I saw Benny. I felt so relieved that he was here. He is just gonna make my day better! "Baby!!" I said and I ran to him, hugged him, and then I kissed him. "Ugh, please no PDA in public." Scotty said. I just rolled my eyes. "We need to find you a girl Scotty." I told him. Benny chuckled. Scotty groaned and walked into the school. "You ready?" Benny asked me. I sighed and said sarcastically. "Ready as I'll ever be." He chuckled and we held hands walking into the school. The first thing we got were stares. Shocked stares, whatever kind of stares, and then the girls... oh the girls. They didn't look to happy. Then came the whispering. I looked to my side and I saw a small group of cheerlearders whispering into each others ears and pointing at me, laughing. I looked up at Benny and he was looking ahead. Ignoring everyone. "Hey man!" Some random guy came up to us. "Hey Jose! How are you bro?" Benny asked. I didn't really pay attention to their conversation. I was paying more attention at the group of girls the were abviously talking about me. I sighed and I noticed that guy walked away. "Who was that?