Part 11

Ashley's POV: Later that night me and Scotty were walking to Timmy's and Tommy's tree house. They said yes right away for Scotty but not for me. Bill didn't want me to go because there is 8 boys that I really don't know and he didn't want me hurt. Fair enough, but I still begged to go. Finally the decided to let me go. We walked up the stairs to the tree house and walked. "About time." Squints said. "Hey guys. Sorry we're late. First they didn't want Ashley to come because she is the only girl, then my mom made me put on a jacket and then she made me do the dishes." Scotty said. I rolled my eyes. Did he have to mention about my mom debating if I should come or not? Ugh!

Scotty sat right in front of Ham where Ham was making some s'mores. I looked over at Benny and he was getting he spot ready. I looked around and noticed that there wasn't any room for me. Great. "Your poor little mommy made you do the big bad dishes?" Betram joked. Scotty looked annoyed. "Hey, want a s'more?" Ham asked us. "Some more what?" Scotty asked. Oh great! I sighed and looked over at Ham. "No, no. You want a s'more?" Ham asked again. "I haven't had anything yet so I how can I have some more of nothing?" Scotty said. I mentally groaned in my mind. "You're killing me Smalls. These are s'mores. Kay pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham, then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming, you stick it on the chocolate. Then, you cover it with the other end." Ham said. I giggled and I looked at Benny. He seemed intrested in Ham and Scotty's conversation. "Then you stuff." Ham said and took a bite. "Kind of messy but good. Try some." Ham said to Scotty and Scotty took it. 

All the guys started sitting in their sleeping bags and I was just standing there not knowing where to go. "Uh guys. Just tell the story so I could leave." I said. "Why leave?" Benny said. "There's no room for me." I stated the obvious. "Here, lay next to me." Benny said and made some room for me. "Ooooohh" The guys started chanting. I rolled my eyes and I got my sleeping bag ready. "Okay. Quit you guys. Quit! Are you trying to wake it up? It just went to bed." Squints said. I sat in my sleeping bag and I looked over at Benny and he smiled at me. "What just went to bed?" Scotty asked. "Shhhh! The Beast" The all did. "Oh yeah! Scotty shouted. "Shhhh!" They did again. I rolled my eyes. 

"And so. The Beast sits there under that lean-to, dreaming of the time where he can break the chain and get out. Dreaming of the time he can chase and kill again." Squints ended. Wow, really? Lame! "See man? That's why you can't go over there. Nobody ever has. Nobody ever will." Bertram said. "One kid did. But nobody ever saw him again." Ham said. "That ain't true." DeNunez said. "Yea it is. He got eaten." Ham said. "Uh-uh. You guys are just making this stuff up to scare me." Scotty said. "Oh yea?" Squints said. "Yea." I said. All the guys looked at me. "That's the most lamest story ever Squints. I'm sorry but its true." Squints looked at me. "Stick your head out that window and look down. The both of you." I rolled my eyes and followed Scotty to the window. I looked back and I saw all the guys huddling close to each other. Ham even got a bat. We looked out the window and we jumped back. "He's down there." Scotty said. "You bet he is." Squints said. "Whatever goes over that fence, stays there." Ham said. I was a little freaked out. They guys started getting into there sleeping bags.

I layed in mine and I looked over at Benny while his eyes were closed. A couple of hours later, I couldn't sleep. Hearing The Beast growling and the chain rattling freaked me out. I sighed trying to force myself to sleep. "You okay?" Benny whispered. "Not really. I'm sorta freaked out." I whispered back. "Your scared?" He looked at me and I looked back and just nodded. "You'll be okay. You have 9 guys in here that will protect you." Benny whispered. "Really? The only guys that can actually protect me is you and DeNunez." I whispered back. He chuckled at my statement. "Here, lay close to me then." He said. I got butterflied in my stomach. H picked up his right hand I grabbed my pillow and I layed it on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me. Oh my gosh he was so warm and smelled so good. "Goodnight Ashley." Benny whispered. "Goodnight Benny." I whispered back and closed my eyes, and fell asleep.