Part 9

We all walked home and me and Scotty lived right next to Benny and Ham. I was walking behind the three guys as they were chatting. As we got to our houses, Ham said, "I'll show you some more tomorrow. You did good." "Okay, bye." Scotty said with a big smile on his face. Aww, I'm proud for him. He is now making some friends. "See you later Ham. 8:00 tomorrow." Benny said as ham walked to his house. Benny turned a corner while me and Scotty walked forward. "8:00 Benny?" Scotty asked Benny to make sure. "Yea. See you later Smalls. You too Ashley." He smiled and walked away. "Okay, bye!" Me and him walked to our house. "Oh wait, Benny! Your glove!" Scotty yelled. Benny turned around. "Keep it man." He said and smiled and walked forward. "Thanks!" Scotty said all excited.

"Oh yea. Smalls." We heard Benny call out. "Yeah?" Scotty asked. "Bring a T-shirt and some jeans tomorrow." I tried to hide a laugh. Yeah, my brothers clothes was kind of, lame. "Okay." Scotty said as he looked down at his clothes."Uh, do you got a fireplace?" Benny asked. "Yeah why?" Scotty replied. "Throw that hat in there man." Benny said as he tapped Scotty's hat. I know he never will do that because our dad gave him that hat. "Oh, yeah. Well it's the only one I have..." Scotty started but Benny interupted him. "Not anymore man. Take my old hat." Benny said as he took a cap out of his back pocket. Damn, what else can he fit in those pockets? "8:00 tomorrow morning." Benny said and jogged to his house. "Thanks Benny. Great. 8:00." Scotty said as he put on the hat. I smiled at Scotty. "Hey mom! Guess what!!" Scotty yelled to our mom with so much excitment. I smiled wide after Scotty. I looked over at Benny as he was entering his house. He looked back at me and smiled wide. I smiled back and walked back to my house.

It was night time and we were eating dinner. "I'm glad your making friends Scott." Bill said. "Home come you arn't making any friends Ashley?" He asked me. I looked up at him from eating spaghetti. "Oh, I am making friends." I said. "Oh that's great honey. Who are they?" My mom asked. I looked over at Scotty and then looked at my mom, "The same as Scotty's friends." I said and the table went quit. "But, their boys." My mom said. "Yeah, And?" I questioned. "I just thought you would make friends with some girls. I sighed and my fork down. "The girls here think I'm weird. They think its not lady like to like sports." I rolled my eyes while saying that. "Of course its alright for girls to like sports." Bill said. "I know I do." My mom said while smiling at Bill. "Hey Scotty. Wanna take a walk after were done eating?" I asked. "Sure." Scotty nodded.

After dinner we walked out of the house. "Today has beed great." Scotty said. "I agree. If it wasn't for Benny though, we still wouldn't have made friends." I said. "Yeah. Hey! Wanna ask Benny if he wants to come on a walk with us?" Scotty asked. "Uh, sure." We walked to Benny's front door and Scotty knocked. A couple of seconds later, a beautiful tan older women asnwered the door, "Hello." She smiled. "Hi. I'm Scott Smalls and this is my sister Ashley and we were wondering if we could talk to Benny?" The lasy smiled. "Of course." I smiled, she was so nice. "Benny!! Scott and Ashley are here for you." She shouted. Then we heard a, 'okay' in the background. We saw Benny run towards the door and he walked out. Oh man, he was in his jeans a white guys tank top. He looked so good. "Hey guys." He said. "Hey Benny. We were wondering if you wanted to go on a walk with us." Scotty said. "Sure. Mom, I'll be back." Benny said and we walked onto the sidewalk.