November 2, 2016

Last night I dreamt that I was at some sort of school. It was similar to a college campus in that there were shops and stores there. I was walking down a hallway and I passed by a place that was selling antiques, primarily old pocket watches. Not long after I passed them I encountered a group of students. I recognized one of them as a boy who sits behind me in math class. They were blocking the way, and the boy demanded that I give him something. I apparently had a lot of cash in one of the pockets of my bag, which I couldn't afford to lose, so I didn't say anything and tried to walk past them. The boy grabbed my arm and pulled me back, then told his associates to "check my shirt". I managed to break free and ran back down the hall to the antique shop, where I asked them if they had any weapons.

The shop was run by an older man who wore glasses. He thought the whole situation was kind of funny, but he agreed to help me. I walked with him outside and through a desert area to a warehouse. I don't remember what I took from there, but as we were walking back the old man talked to me about how he had a side job as a professor. I had noticed that he trudged along almost as if he had a limp and was always hunched over. He told me that when he was teaching he stood up straight, but once he left class he went back to slogging. He even demonstrated this fact, and walked with a straight back for a few seconds. It made him look much younger. For some reason I found it very upsetting and almost started crying. I told him I was sorry, which seemed to annoy him.

There's another gap in my memory, but somehow I wound up back at the antique shop. Someone had brought an old fashioned camera that still worked, and they were all eager to try it. A girl who was probably about ten years old was there, and it was pretty clear that she had a crush on the old man who ran the store. He looked twenty years younger than he had when I first met him. The young girl and the old man were dressed in 1800's clothing, with her in a white dress and he in some sort of military uniform. They sat down in front of the camera, while I and the cameraman stood behind it. At the last second, the girl leaned over and kissed the man's cheek. He didn't seem to notice. Once the film was developed, it showed a very bizarre scene. The girl didn't show up at all; rather, a little baby piglet was sitting in her place, nuzzling the old man's face with its snout. I think I have problems.