November 2, 2021

Every once in a while I'll have a dream that feels so real, it comes close to forming new fake memories in my head. Last night I dreamt that I had suddenly remembered having briefly had a relationship with a guy back in high school. His name was Jason, and his last name was something Scottish that seemed difficult to pronounce, I think it started either with a W or a D. He was very tall, strong, strappingly handsome, and had reddish hair. He was well-developed for his age and could grow a beard even as a teenager. He bore a resemblance to the actor who plays Jamie Fraser on the show Outlander, but their looks were just different enough that it wasn't identical.

In my dream I was able to find his picture in my high school yearbook. I was supposed to have been introduced to him through a friend of a friend (this girl named L who was friends with my best friend in high school; I didn't like her much but she knew a lot of people). He liked Dungeons & Dragons, and we had had a conversation via text messaging where we discussed playing it together (I've never played it). He also happened to use this website I use a lot, but not as often as me. In general, I was supposed to have liked this imaginary guy a lot, but I was so nervous and had such low self-esteem at that age that I just stopped talking to him. In the dream something reminded me of him and made me want to try and contact him again, to see if we could become friends now or maybe something more.

I don't remember anything else about the dream.