September 12, 2017

Very long series of dreams last night, but I can't remember them all.

Most vivid was one where Jade's grandparents were going to fly her on a plane to college - as in, they were the pilots. I got aboard to say goodbye to her, but they didn't realize I was there and took off. I got their attention, and they circled around to land again and let me out.

At that point, Jade was trying to get me to stay with her. I just kind of ignored her and got off the plane. Something must have happened, because the next thing I knew I was standing in a dorm room at some kind of private boarding school.

It looked exactly like the guest room in my Grandma Margaret's old house, where I stayed as a child when I would visit them. I was standing between the two beds, and the first thing I noticed was that there was a very odd looking insect, sort of like a spider crossed with a beetle, slowly crawling over the pillow.

Someone came in, presumably my roommate, and started talking to me. I had one of those flashing moments where I am presented with an image of what I look like to them - and for some reason here I looked like a Gibson girl, (probably inspired by the cover of a book I read as a child) complete with an Edwardian outfit and, most bizarrely, a fake, faintly British accent. I remember thinking "I wonder how long I'll be able to keep this accent up" and constantly looking over at the bug on the pillow.

One time I glanced at it and it was gone. Right then I felt something bite the bottom of my foot, and I shrieked and squished it.

The other dream I've just now recalled, I was watching a montage of police footage. This woman (I'm certain she was supposed to be Catherine Chandler from BatB, played by Linda Hamilton) was holding the bodies of these children who had been murdered, most of them with their necks broken. She was screaming and crying.

Then I saw two of the kids from the movie It (the fat kid and the hypochondriac) at a crime scene. Catherine was talking to them as if she were their mother. The police were carting off another child's body.

That's all I remember, unfortunately.