March 10, 2018

I had a really interesting dream last night and I'm pretty annoyed that I can't remember a lot of it.

There was a remote house somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It was pretty big, not necessarily a mansion though. I think it was only one story high.

In the first part of my dream, I was a young boy, probably about ten years old and chubby. I was scared to death of this place I called "the cave", but circumstances at the house forced me to escape late at night. The "cave" was actually a part of a paved road leading to a parking lot-sized driveway. Because of the dense trees and foliage around it, it appeared pitch black, like a cave.

I started to go through the "cave", but time seemed to slow down and my movements became sluggish because I was afraid. I jumped up in the air, and slowly, painfully slowly, I rose to an unnatural height in the air and drifted back down to earth. When I landed, there were people there with me, in awe that I was able to jump so high.

I don't remember exactly how I got to this point from there, but I was an older version of myself. I had been invited to a big party at the house, but I was nervous about the whole thing and thought the hosts were planning to hold us captive and/or kill the guests. It was a formal party, so I was wearing a dark blue, sparkly dress and heels, which impeded my ability to run later on.

No one I knew personally except my best friend Jane (false name) was there, but various fictional characters and real people that I had studied were there. Specifically, I had brought JD with me as insurance, though he just sat at an empty table most of the time.

MJ was there too, looking as he had when he was young and handsome. He seemed to suspect something was going on. My friend Jane was drunk, and when I tried to tell her my suspicions she didn't listen. I got upset and I think I went back to JD and gave him a hug. He accepted it and didn't say anything.

I was reading FITA before I went to bed, so the Dollanganger kids were there, but I only saw them briefly. I think I saw Luke Skywalker from Star Wars at one point, though he looked a little different/older, and Mara Jade. I've been reading the EU books, so that explains their presence.

This woman who looked a lot like the actress Alexandra Daddario was the hostess, and she was acting very bubbly and happy. She played some kind of card game with a few of the guests and tried to get me involved, but I wasn't interested. After I refused, her demeanor completely changed. She got up to make an announcement, and while I don't remember what it was about, I remember that she referred to each person by a kind of descriptive code name that mocked some aspect of their personality. My name was right after MJ's; she referred to him as "the Messiah" poking fun at his messiah complex. I was about to walk out of the room, passing him by (he was leaning with his back against the wall) and I stopped and turned to look at him. His face was in profile, he looked beautiful, and the hostess saw me staring at him and scoffed.

I decided I needed to leave, so I went back to JD. He was pretending to be deaf/hard of hearing, and an intoxicated man was talking to him loudly and doing sign language at the same time. I went over after the man left and whispered to him that we needed to leave. We started to go out the back door, walking down that path the boy had taken, but we were running. I couldn't run very fast, and he went far ahead of me. We reached the parking lot, and someone shot him as soon as he passed through the tree cover. Terrified, I ran back to the house.

Back inside, the mood of everyone had changed. You could tell people were scared. I confronted the hostess about JD getting shot, and she brushed it off. I realized MJ was missing and demanded to know if he had been killed as well. She said "how could I kill Jesus?"

MJ came back in the house with a hole in the back of his head. Nothing he said made any sense. People stared at him in horror, but nobody tried to attack the hostess or escape. We were all too scared to do anything.

If anything happened after that, I don't remember it.