December 3, 2017

Last night I dreamt that I was at some sort of bizarre summer camp or boarding school with a bunch of other people my age, some of which I had gone to high school with. At the beginning of the dream we were all in a movie theater, but I don't remember what we were watching, only that the lead actor was Ross Lynch, and he was sitting in the row in front of me. I think it might have been a school for actors, then.

After the movie was over, I deliberately switched seats so I could talk to someone, which also put me in close proximity to Mr. Lynch. He turned around, grinning, and asked me a question. I couldn't quite hear him, so I smiled back and said "What?!" Unfortunately I can't remember what he said.

We all started leaving the theater at once. It was chaotic, with everyone rushing to meet up with friends and shouting. Directly outside the theater was a two story area with lots of doors (I think they led to dorm rooms) and cubby shelves containing people's belongings. Mine was upstairs, and because I was in a hurry I somehow managed to forget my tennis shoes. They're green and I've worn them for years, getting the same brand and color over and over again. They're my "comfort shoes" because they're not very stylish and make my feet look ungainly.

Anyway, I got all the way downstairs and out the door when I noticed. ("I thought they were on my feet the whole time!") Ross happened to be nearby, and I asked him to help me find them.

We ran up and down the stairs, searching every nook and cranny, including other people's belongings. I inevitably became distracted; in particular I remember finding a girl with an excessive amount of makeup and perfumes, with her crowning possession being a ridiculously oversized tube of mascara. I thought it was hilarious and even went so far as to open it, planning on using it myself, but the stuff inside was clear and thick like gel with sparkles mixed throughout. Ross said something to me about not touching other people's stuff, and I put it away.

We couldn't find my shoes, but I was happy just to be with Ross. I'd developed a bit of an embarrassing crush on him. At some point I thanked him for helping me and gave him a hug. He grew awkward and asked me what I was doing. I replied "You know what it's all about. Every girl here is the same." I let go and decided to return to the theater and see if I had left my shoes there.

That's all I remember.