With A Start

I wake up with a gasp. I sit up and look around the room. The room was empty besides a nurse at the end of my bed writing something on papers.

"Quite dramatic." She says.

"Call me Hayley." I say. She smiles and returns to her papers. A sharp pain comes from my forehead. My hand goes to it immediately and I feel a patch over it.

"You hit the glass pretty hard. It took an hour to get the first piece of glass out of your head." She says.

I cringe at the image. I look at the clock it was 1 pm.

"Where is everyone else." I ask.

"It has been a week and you were the first to wake up." She says.

"I'm always unconscious for a week." I say.

"You do have someone here to see you." She gets and leaves the room. Shortly after Jerome walks in.

"There were more people, but they eventually had to leave." Jerome says.

"Its fine." I say. "Did you check on anyone else."

"No, they didn't let us until they woke up."

"Sad Face." I say.

"Listen when your allowed to leave, I have a hotel. You could stay with me so you won't have to be in your apartment alone." He says.

"Thanks Jerome your awesome." I say smiling.

"Its contagious." He says.

I look at his face and see it has a tear down it.

"Awwww Jerome were you crying." I ask.

"No Proof, No Evidence!" He yells and wipes his face.

"Awww-"

"Shut up!" He says.

I couldn't hold in my laugh.

---------

--1 week later-

I sit in the hospital. Not the hospital bed but the same waiting room chair Jerome sat in.

Jerome was next to my on his phone.

It had been a week and nobody woke up. I was released from the hospital a three days ago. I was watching the tv in the waiting room. All it showed was the news.

"Three Young Adults in the hospital in critical condition after a tragic accident." A news lady says. I sigh knowing that it was about Mitch, Kelly and Jason.

"Hayley, we should go home, its late. We'll come back in the morning." Jerome says.

"When they wake up I wanna be here." I say.

"Hayley.."

"Don't Hayley me Jerome... You can leave i'm staying."

He sighs and sits next to me.

"Their going to wake up, right?" I ask after a long period of silence.

"I don't know Hayley, hopefully." He answers.

"I would trade my spot with them in an instant, I wish I drove. I could have done more." A tear slips down my cheek.

"No, Hayley you did all you could."

"It wasn't enough." I say.

"Hayley Hughes?" A doctor says.

I stand up. Heart racing.

"Did anyone wake up." I say.

"No, sit down." She says. When doctors asked you to sit down It never ended well.

"Whats wrong." Jerome asked.

"We tried all we could. But they all lost too much blood..." She trails off. I grab Jerome's hand and grip tightly. "They have died."

I felt light headed and my heart was racing. I couldn't breathe and Everything went black. Again....

---------

I wake up with another start. I'm back in the same club from two weeks ago. On the chair Jason sat me on.

I see them come up to me. Kelly in Mitch's arms and Drunk Jason stumbling towards me.

"Lets go Hayley." Mitch says.

"You guys are alive!" I say.

"Of course we are." Jason slurs. "Did someone give you a drink."

"No, lets go home." I say. Everyone starts to head to the door. "Wait!" I say.

"What?" Mitch says.

"Lets take a Taxi."

---------

Ok I said I wouldn't until the new year but I did write.

Happy new year!