Just my Luck

We arrive at the winter fair, and surprisingly they have running rides. Inside the park there is a big ferris wheel. And thats all I can see behind Kelly and Mitch snuggling while walking. I sigh and stay a few steps back. I remember everything about Tyler now, to him coming to the house, to him leaving.

We buy tickets for games and rides. I look around and see everyone with a boyfriend or girlfriend. Even a kid less than half my age has a lady friend.

"Hey Hayley, Kelly and I are going to the couples area." Mitch says.

"This isn't the couples area." I say.

They chuckle and walk away.

I sigh and reach in my pocket to find I have twenty tickets left. I sigh and kick a piece of ice on the ground. It goes further than I thought and hear someone say ow. I look up and see a guy easy on the eyes putting his hand on his face. I cover my hands with my mouth.

"I am sorry." I say and rush up to him. He looks about my age and has brown eyes that match his brown hair.

"It's fine nothing a man can't take." He says. "Unfortunately I am the least manly man you will meet." I chuckle at the joke and he takes notice at it. I look up and see the ferris wheel my heart sinks when I see Tyler with a really pretty girl next to him. He sees me and pulls the girl closer and kisses her. I quickly look back at the guy in front of me.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Hayley." I answer with a smile. "Are you going to be ok."

"I might need a pretty lady to comfort me for the rest of the day." My hopes with him were crushed.

"You have a girlfriend?" I say.

"No, I would like one but not everyone is that lucky to find the one." He says.

"Tell me about it." I look to the ground and smile. "So do I need to take care of you for the rest of the day?" I ask.

"Of course." He says. We walk to a game where you have to guess a number and they do some gambling stuff.

"Your over 18 right?" He asks.

"Maybe, maybe not." I tease.

"Whats your birthday?" He asks.

"November 5th." I answer.

"Your number?" A male asks.

"11 5" he answers.

"What?" He says looking at me.

"11 8" i say louder.

"Ok." He says. They spin and just my luck we lose.

We walk around for a bit until it gets late.

"Listen I have to go." He says. "I'm Sam." He offers his hand.

I take it and a paper is on his palm.

He leaves and I look at the slip. It's his phone number. I feel myself starting to blush and stick the paper in my pocket.

I see Kelly and Mitch and run up to them.

"Our toes are numb!" Kelly screams.

"Lets go my two favourite girls." Mitch says and throws us over him back sac style and walks to the car. I look at Kelly who is less than thirty centimetres away from my face.

When Mitch puts us down I reach in my pocket and can't find the slip of paper. I get in the car disappointed. Mitch starts driving in awkward silence.

"Ok Hayley." Kelly says in the front seat. "This might be hard news but we saw Tyler, kissing a girl that was not you."

"I know." I say.

"What?" Kelly and Mitch say.

"Well, I remember Tyler came over and certain events happened." I say.

Mitch pulls over turns around.

"What events?"

-------

Thank you for 4000 reads! I am so grateful and sorry I am posting later because i've got homework so much of it too. So thank you for your reads and help. Every positive comment really just makes me smile. And then other comments that just make me laugh. Thank you and bye!