School Reunion

"Hayley hurry up we can't be late!" Mitch urges from down stairs. I was in the bathroom trying to figure out makeup When I was younger I barley ever put makeup on.

"Do I take the brush and put it into this thingy. Or that?" I say to myself. "Screw It!" I yell and run downstairs.

Mitch was waiting impatiently at the door. And Kelly was in the car.

"Come on!" He says. I try my best to run with the heels on to the car. I sit in the backseat and Mitch gets in and quickly drives away.

I didn't find a date so I was going alone.

When we got to the school we went to the gym where everybody was dancing. I went up to my group of friends and so did Kelly and Mitch.

In the group was Sarah, Alex, Dylan, Kathleen, Sarah's boyfriend Alex's fake date

"Hayley you made it!" Said Sarah

"Unfortunately all alone." I say.

"Hey Party people!" Yelled Kelly.

"Woo!" Said Dylan.

I looked at Mitch and He was giving Dylan and Alex and Even Sarah's date an evil glare.

We danced all together. It was hilarious. These were my friends that. I lost touch with a long time ago. We all had funny stories to share.

But I couldn't stop the thought of being the only one without a date. Every now and then There would be a slow song, but the best slow song was always right at the end.

A song comes on and Sarah smiles. Not the regular smile. The swerve smile.

She walks for the complete middle of the room. And waits for the beat to drop. Sure enough when it does she starts swerving like crazy.

More and More hours pass and there starts being more and more slow dances.

I sit on the side all lonely when a group of people walk by me. The populars.

"Aww shes all lonely." Says a voice in the group. Beverley. The group laughs and and walks away.

I watch Kelly and Mitch slow dance together and Kiss. Then I look to the ground.

I spend the next half hour sitting here. They play fast songs but it would be awkward if I just went right back to the group after they played a slow song.

I looked up and saw them laugh at a joke Alex was making. Mitch was enjoying himself.

Then it came on the final song of the night. I just sigh to myself and stare at the ground.

"Care to dance?" A voice says. I look up and couldn't believe who I saw.