Part 4:- (Unspoken truth)

Manik:- Dhruv, sometimes we need to be practical in our life. I wanted to do something fruitful so that my parents could be proud of me.

Cabir:- But Manik, it was your dream right?

Manik:- There is a big difference between dreams and reality, Cabir. Can't you see how successful I am now? If I would choose music as my profession then it would take ten more years for me to reach this position.

Mukti:- You became a successful businessman, that doesn't mean you will forget your friends. It's been ten years, no phone calls, no messages, nothing. We didn't even know if you were alive or not. This is not done, Manik.

Manik was spaceless hearing her. He didn't have any excuse for this and he knew if he tried to give any excuse she would beat the shit out of him. That's why Aliya decided to poke her nose in between.

Aliya:- Guys, we should forget our bitter past and start afresh. Let's just leave this topic here only. Navya, you tell me what are you going to wear on your engagement?

Aliya cleverly diverted the topic and they started to talk about that. Manik was feeling sad and guilty for not being in touch with his friends. He definitely had a reason for it. But sometimes it's not easy to open up. Seeing this Abhi said,

Abhi:- I am sorry, Manik. I know you are feeling sad but she didn't intend to hurt you. In fact you were her best friend. In all those years only I know how much she had missed you.

Manik:- Don't say sorry, Abhi. It's all my fault. After leaving college I never contacted them. I have hurt them all.

Abhi:- It's okay, Manik. Give her some time. Everything will be fine.

Manik:- I hope so.

Manik's pov:- I am so sorry guys. I know I have hurt you all so much but I didn't have any other options.

Flashback

Person:- Raj, tell your son not to be around my daughter.

(Raj malhotra Manik's father and an employee of Murthy industry which was owned by Nandini's father Vivek Murthy )

Raj:- But sir, they are very good friends.

Vivek:- I know that and because of their stupid friendship Nandini doesn't want to leave Mumbai. But I want to settle in Mangalore with my family and I can't leave her alone here.

Raj:- Sir, they are best friends. How can I convince my son to break his friendship with her?

Vivek:- First of all I don't like your son to be friends with my daughter. After all, you are just an employee of my industry. I have to maintain my image in society. You have to do whatever I say, understand?

Raj:- (sadly) I am sorry sir. Don't worry, I will convince my son. He won't bother you again.

At Manik's house

Raj:- Manik, you love your papa right?

Manik:- Yes, of course.

Raj:- Then you have to listen to me. I know what I am asking from you is wrong but I don't have any other options. Beta, you have to break your friendship with Nandini.

Manik:- But why papa?

Raj:- Because her dad doesn't want you to be friends with her. He wants to take her with them to Mangalore. But Nandini doesn't want to go because of you.

Manik:- Papa, I can convince her to go to Mangalore with her family and I am sure she will listen to me. Why should I break our friendship because of this silly matter?

Raj:- You have to break your friendship. Look Manik, you are very small to understand all these complicated things. They are very rich and we are just a middle class family. We should be in our limits.

Manik:- But papa, she will be sad if I break our friendship.

Raj:- Manik, do you want your papa to be jobless? Today sir talked to me very rudely just because of you and if you don't listen to me then he will definitely fire me from the job. Neonika, why are you standing quietly? Tell your son to do as I said.

Neyo:- Look Manik, I know it's not easy for you but they are very rich and you have to accept that they feel ashamed of mingling with us. Please don't argue with your papa and do as he says. Tujhe meri kasam hai.

Manik:- Maa.... Okay, I will do as you say.

Flashback end

Cabir:- Guys, aren't you hungry? I can't say anything about you but I am damn hungry.

All together:- Yeah, we are also hungry.

Cabir:- Driver, stop the car in front of any road side dhaba okay?

Driver:- Okay sir.

*****************★****************
So readers, how's the update? Did you enjoy it? Please let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar....😘😘😘