Part 14:- (A big mistake)

Cabir:- (shocked) What? Who is she? You never told me about her before.

Manik:- Cabir, do you remember I told you about a girl who was my childhood best friend. I used to love her a lot. But her father didn't want us to be friends because they were very rich and my father was an employee of their industry.

Cabir:- Yeah I remember. But now you are quite rich and I am sure Soha's family won't have any objections about you or your status. Wait a minute, don't tell me that you still love her. Come on Manik, it's almost ten years since she left you. She has definitely moved on and you should also move on too.

Manik:- Cabir, that girl is none other than Nandini.

Cabir:- (shocked) What? I just can't believe my ears. You mean our Nandini is that girl? But how is this possible? She didn't even recognize you when she saw you after so many years. You both were behaving like strangers.

Manik:- Now you are overreacting, Cabir. She recognized me but she didn't react that time.

Cabir:- But why?

Manik:- I don't know.

Cabir:- Did you tell her that you love her?

Manik:- No.

Cabir:- What are you waiting for?

Manik:- If I tell her then I am sure that she will definitely refuse me. I can't tell her the truth and she won't forgive me ever for what I did in the past. See, it's very complicated.

Cabir pulled his own hair and shouted loudly,

Cabir:- Oh god I will die out of curiosity. When she proposed to you, you had to refuse her and the credit goes to her villain father. Then after ten years destiny brings you together again but you can't tell her the bloody truth. Why so?

Manik:- Because I don't want her to hate her father. Moreover, why will she trust me? There is no proof of my statement. If our fathers would be alive then there was a hope.

Cabir:- Wow what a love story. It's indeed complicated. How will you survive this heartbreak again?

Manik:- Cabir......

Cabir:- Yaar I can't see that disheartened friend of mine again.

Manik:- Cabir I am fine and I will be fine.

Cabir:- You can fool this world but not me.

Manik:- Cabir please leave this topic and let's go. Functions are about to start.

They came downstairs and saw all the girls were applying mehandi in their hands. Nandini saw Cabir and went to him.

Nandini:- Jiju, where were you? Come with us and try to find your name on her palm.

She dragged Cabir with her.

On the other hand

Aryaman was standing outside of the house and instructing the decorators to decorate it properly. Seeing him alone Abhi went to him and said,

Abhi:- Aryaman, if you aren't busy can you give me some time. I need to talk to you.

Aryaman:- Is there any fault in the decorations?

Abhi:- No no. I want to talk to you about something personal.

Aryaman:- Okay.

Abhi:- What do you think about Nandini?

Aryaman:- She is an amazing girl and very friendly. In fact we became such good friends within two days.

Abhi:- Do you like her?

Aryaman:- (casually) Yeah.

Abhi:- Do you want to marry her?

Aryaman:- (shocked) Nandini is a nice girl and there is no doubt about it. Actually I didn't think about marriage yet. You know I just completed my internship.

Abhi:- Don't worry, I am not forcing you to take any decision right now. Take your time and let me know about your decision.

Aryaman:- Okay, I will let you know.

Inside the house

Cabir failed to find his name in Navya's palm and accepted his defeat.

Cabir:- Okay I lost, you won. Happy?

Nandini:- (excitedly) Yayyyyyyyyyy. Now you have to give her something.

Cabir:- Navya, what do you want?

Aryaman:- That I will tell you Jiju.

Cabir:- Yes of course. So tell me my dear brother in law, what do you want?

Aryaman:- Jiju, you have to take my sister to Paris for your honeymoon.

Cabir:- Paris? But why?

Aryaman:- What do you mean by why? It was her wish to go to Paris for honeymoon.

Cabir:- You and your sister will make me bankrupt someday. Okay I will take her to Paris, happy?

Navya:- Really? Cabir, you are so sweet.

Aliya:- Awww you two are so cute. Isn't it Dhruv?

Dhruv:- Yeah.

Aliya:- Learn something from your friend.

Dhruv:- But it's not my wedding.

Aliya:- Agh you are totally hopeless.

At Evening

There was time for the haldi function. Manik was setting the flowers standing on a tool when a henna designer was applying henna on Nandini's palm. All the ladies write their boyfriend's name on their palm so the designer asked her,

Designer:- Tell me your boyfriend's name?

At the same time Manik was about to fall from the tool. Nandini saw that and shouted,

Nandini:- Manik....

Somehow Manik skipped from falling but the designer thought Nandini answered her question. So she wrote Manik's name on her palm. When Nandini saw that she was shocked and said to the designer.

Nandini:- Why did you write his name on my palm?

Designer:- You only told me his name.

Nandini:- I was...I was. Ahhh leave it.

Designer:- By the way, if you don't mind should I tell you something?

Nandini:- Yeah, say.

Designer:- In our village people say if someone's name would be written on a girl's palm by henna he would be her life partner for this lifetime.

Nandini:- I don't believe it.

Designer:- Do you believe in destiny?

Nandini:- Yes.

Designer:- Then destiny will definitely tie you together forever.

Nandini:- Your work is done right? You can go now.

Nandini was in deep thought. The word "Destiny" is coming into her life again and again. This time they can be together or will history repeat itself?

*****************★*****************
So readers, how's the update? Did you enjoy it? Please let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar...😘😘😘