Part 6:- (Caring Nandini)

After some time

Food was served in front of them and they started to eat. But suddenly Manik started coughing very badly. His eyes became red. Everybody was very worried for him.

Cabir:- Manik, drink some water.

He handed over a glass of water to him but Nandini noticed something in the food and shouted loudly.

Nandini:- Oh no. Manik is allergic to black pepper.

Hearing this everybody was shocked.

Aliya:- Shit, I totally forgot about his allergies when I ordered food for him. I am so sorry, Manik. It was my mistake.

Manik:- It's okay, Aliya.

Abhi:- Choti, how do you know that he is allergic to black pepper?

Nandini:- Actually I have read an article about Manik in a business magazine. It was written there.

Abhi:- Oh okay.

Cabir asked his driver.

Cabir:- Is there any hospital nearby?

Driver:- No sir.

Manik:- No need to go to hospital guys. I will be fine.

He again started coughing badly.

Mukti:- Manik, don't behave like a kid. It can be serious and we have to take you to the hospital.

Manik:- Someone please bring my bag from the car. There is a small medicine box in the bag.

Nandini:- Wait, I am bringing that box.

Nandini found a medicine box in the bag and opened it. She noticed that there were a lot of medicines. Meanwhile Arya was checking him. He said to Nandini.

Aryaman:- Nandini did you find any medicine?

Nandini:- Yeah.

She handed over the medicine and gave a glass of water to Manik. He took that and after some time he started feeling better. Everybody was relieved.

Cabir:- Guys please hurry up. We have to catch a train.

All together:- Train? But why?

Cabir:- If we go by car we will be late for engagement. And I can't wait for the next date.

Dhruv:- Why so?

Cabir:- Because I can't take any risk with her wish list. Who knows what else she will add in her wish list by then and I will die fulfilling her wishes.

Navya:- Cabir this is too much, okay. You only said that you will fulfill all my wishes because you love me.

Cabir slapped his forehead. All laughed together.

Cabir:- (whispered) I wish I would have never promised her to fulfill her weird wish list. Oh god where am I stuck?

Aryaman:- (whispered back) Jiju I heard that, okay.

Cabir:- please forgive me, my would be brother in law.

Everybody finished their meal and reached the railway station. Train arrived just in time and they all got in.

In the train

Manik:- Cabir, I need to use the washroom.

Cabir:- Okay, come fast.

Manik came out of the cabin and burned a cigarette. He was smoking standing near the gate. Nandini was in the washroom which was near the gate. When she came out she saw him here and said,

Nandini:- Manik....

Manik looked at her and immediately threw that cigarette outside.

Manik:- I am sorry Nandini.

He looked here and there like a criminal to hide his crime.

Nandini:- Since when have you started smoking?

Manik:- it's been almost two years.

Nandini:- Smoking is injurious to health. Why don't you leave it?

Manik:- (sadly) Nobody asked to leave it.

Nandini:- Then who told you to start smoking?

There was an uncomfortable silence between them for some time.

Nandini:- How's uncle and aunty?

Manik:- They are no more.

Nandini:- What? How?

Manik:- Two years ago they had a car accident. Maa was spot dead and papa went into a coma. After two weeks he also left me.

Nandini:- I am so sorry Manik.

Manik:- It's okay. By the way, how's your parents?

Nandini:- They are also no more.

Manik:- Oh sorry to hear that. Let's go to the cabin, everybody must be waiting for us.

Nandini:- Okay.

The whole night they all had lots of fun and pulled each other's leg. After ten years they all have gathered together. They didn't want to forget that moment and clicked lots of pictures too.

*****************★*****************
So readers, how's the update? Did you enjoy it? Please let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar...😘😘😘