Heartbreak / Fred

QUICK NOTE 📝: I have not edited every single one shot! Plus, they get better over time and these have been written I think since before Christmas, and also, I sometimes alternate the universe ( A.U. ) the one shots.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ : This One Shot contains a slight version of self harm, and also severe heartbreak. I do not claim that this is how heartbreak is, it might come over as a bit melodramatic. 

'Why did this have to happen to me?' Fred Weasley thought as he dropped himself on the top of the stairs at Hogwarts. He pulled his knees up and buried his face in his arms as he tried to keep the tears from falling.

He'd left his twin at the quidditch pitch, something that he had never done before. The reason? Well...

You see, Fred Weasley had secretly been in love with this girl ever since he met her, but he'd never had the guts to tell her. Now, she was taken by Cedric Diggory, a sixth-year Hufflepuff who was known for his looks AND his popularity.

After the Quidditch match against Hufflepuff, he decided to look for Maegan with George, Harry, Ron and Hermione only to find her snogging Cedric. He had her pressed up against a wall and they seemed madly in love, and so Fred stormed off to where he was now, a random, slightly hidden staircase in the Hogwarts Castle.

Maegan had never even seen him as more as a friend, why did he think he had a chance with her? Fred sniffed, trying his hardest to keep the pain in his chest from causing tears to roll down his face, but it was inevitable.

He'd done so much for her. So bloody much. He'd always been around to cheer her up whenever Snape shouted at her for messing up a potion, he'd ALWAYS played pranks to impress her or make her laugh. He had risked getting expelled for just that reason, but she hadn't caught on and probably never will.

A sob escaped his lips and he tried to stifle it by biting on his hand. Nobody, not even George, knew how much he liked Maegan. George did know he liked her, had figured it out by himself, but had never addressed him on it probably because he knew how Fred hated talking about it.

He heard voices talking and giggling, and quickly wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his quidditch jumper. "Fred?" God, that voice. He knew that voice and it almost made him break into another series of sobs. "Yes?" He asked, getting up and turning and just hoping his face didn't look as bad as it felt.

"Are you okay?" Maegan asked, arms looped around Cedric's waist who smiled at him. "yeah mate, you look a bit... shook up?"

"Completely fine. If you'd excuse me, I have somewhere to be." Fred forced a smile, hoping deeply it didn't sound too rude before walking off and wondering where the hell to go to now. He sighed as he just walked around Hogwarts, before ending up in front of the library.

Good, he thought, most people are in their common room to celebrate a victory, and George will never think of this as a place I'd be. He made his way in and sat in a corner, pulling his knees up as his back rested against the wall.

Fred sighed, feeling anger bubble up next to the immense heartbreak that he felt. This was worse than physical pain, because that always subsided, or there was a potion against it. He was quite certain there was no potion to soothe heartbreak, though.

He didn't know what to do, so just stayed there until he knew it was late enough to make his way back up to the common room without anybody noticing.

Sadly, his twin was still up and was seemingly mad at Fred. "Where'd you go? We were all immensely worried! Maegan told us that she and Cedric-" George stopped when he noticed Fred's face change from one of no emotion to one of hurt.