Wine and Chocolate / Bill

"Maegan! We're so glad you're here!" Hermione grinned, embracing her colleague who smiled. "Of course I'm here, Mione. I wouldn't dream of missing your wedding day!" Maegan gushed, squeezing her tightly.

Hermione giggled. "It's absurd, isn't it?"

"Yeah!" Maegan laughed with her, and then left her to get ready while she went downstairs to the kitchen, where she met Mrs Weasley and Aubrey, Percy's wife. "Mrs Weasley it's a pleasure to meet you." Maegan smiled as the older woman pulled her in for a hug.

"It's Molly to you, dear. Thank you for coming." Mrs Weasley said, and Maegan nodded. "It's a pleasure, really." Maegan smiled, before she went on and mingled with the crowd.

She met all of the Weasleys, though she had not seen the eldest yet. Hermione had told Maegan that he had recently divorced his wife, Fleur, and had gone back to Egypt for a mission but had come back just in time for the wedding.

Maegan had met Hermione at work, seeing they both worked at the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures when she had started working at the Ministry, and they had become great friends ever since, resulting in Hermione inviting her to her wedding to Ron.

She had met Ron several times before, so she was no stranger to the stories about his family. The twins, Fred and George, had popped up behind her out of nowhere upon her arrival outside, and nearly scared her to death before introducing themselves. They had left quite the impression, yes.

Then there was Charlie, who had very gracefully bumped into her. Thankfully, his hands had been empty and he had immediately gripped her to steady her. "Hello, gorgeous." He had said, and she grinned. "Hello."

"Friend of Hermione's, yeah?" He had chuckled, blue eyes sparkling with happiness and Maegan had nodded. "Yes, I'm Maegan." Charlie had nodded, kissed her cheek and whispered "Charlie" in her ear as his father summoned him.

Percy had come up to her and shook her hand, introducing himself and made small talk with her. It had been a polite conversation, and Maegan found he was quite nice.

The only one who she hadn't met yet was Bill, but it wasn't like she was looking for him. She was sipping on a glass of punch when a tall ginger-haired man walked up to her. She nearly jumped, but luckily didn't spill any punch on herself.

"Careful there. Didn't mean to scare you." A deep voice said, and Maegan blushed. "My bad. Hello." She smiled, looking up at him. Her eyes widened when she realised he must be Bill, and he smirked. "Hello. I don't think we've met before. Could you possibly be Maegan?"

She smiled shyly and nodded, sipping the last of her punch before placing the glass down on the table next to her. "Yes I am. Bill, right?"

"The one and only." Bill chuckled slightly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Are you alright?" Maegan asked, noticing how his eyes were slightly glassed over. His smile faded and he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I got married here too."

Maegan nodded, not sure what to say. "I know Percy has gotten married too, and Harry and Ginny are definitely next, but I sometimes wish I could've kept my marriage too, you know? Instead of watching everybody happy."

"I know how you feel." Maegan said, watching as Ron walked around and thanked everyone for coming. The ceremony had already happened earlier, and they were officially married and Maegan couldn't quite believe it. "You do?" Bill asked, now standing next to her as he too watched Ron take Hermione in his arms and dance with her.

Maegan turned her head to him and with a small smile, nodded. "I've been through so many relationships, I've lost count, really. Some were one night stands, others were six month relationships. Can't seem to settle down," She sighed, "It's not the same as  marriage, but it does get frustrating."