Best Friend's Brother p. 2 / Fred

Maegan had just arrived at the Burrow, August the first, for Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour's wedding. Her best friend, Ginny Weasley, was waiting for her and immediately hugged her.

After she greeted everyone, she noticed that the Weasley twins weren't here. Mrs Weasley seemed to acknowledge her confused expression from the kitchen with a laugh. "They had to pick up their dates, but they'll be here in ten minutes or so, dear."

Maegan's heart sank at the word 'dates' and nodded meekly. "Alright. Ginny, where can I change?" She asked, and the ginger-haired girl took her arm and led her upstairs to her room.

There, Ginny left her to change into her dress and allow her to apply some makeup and take her time getting ready. Maegan pulled the blue dress on and checked herself in the mirror.

The dress's top was tight yet the bottom flared out. The skirt was a mixture of a darker blue and the original blue that the top was made of, so when she twirled two different colours could be seen.

It reached just above her knee, and Maegan loved it. She'd half bought it for herself and half because she wanted to impress Fred, but of course nobody knew about that part.

She wondered if he even remembered that Christmas morning, because after then it seemed as if he'd forgotten she'd existed. For nearly six months now, she'd kept it a secret from her best friend and also hidden her feelings because she was scared he'd found someone else.

Maegan shook her head, sighing before she reached for her hairbrush which she used to brush her hair. Then, she added a few coats of mascara and a light pink - almost nude - lipstick.

When she was finally done, she slipped her dark blue kitten heels on and exited Ginny's room. She hadn't expected Ginny to be there immediately, so got a bit of a fright when her best friend appeared out of nowhere and complemented her.

"You look beautiful!" Ginny grinned, though Maegan thought she looked quite beautiful, too. "So do you." She spoke her thoughts, smiling at her friend as they made their way downstairs and towards the tent.

------

Maegan watched from the side as glasses magically refilled themselves, people made conversation with other people and couples danced.

It was torture - complete, burning torture to watch him laughing with the beautiful dark-skinned girl she knew had been in the same year as he at Hogwarts. Maegan had decided that it was best to avoid him, which didn't seem to go unnoticed by some, George and Mrs Weasley especially.

Maegan grabbed a glass of some sort of punch, sipping it as she watched Ginny blush and fidget around Harry. She wondered briefly why she couldn't have fallen in love with somebody her own age, or at least somebody she had a chance with.

"Hey." A familiar, warm and deep voice said from beside her and Maegan looked up, alarmed. She came eye-to-eye with Fred, who was slightly red in the face as he seated himself next to her without asking. "I noticed how you've been avoiding me." He said, moving closer to her as to probably gain more privacy.

Maegan laughed uncomfortably, sipping her punch. "Why would I be avoiding you? Don't be silly, Fred." It had been so long since she'd last spoken his name, and it sounded almost foreign even though her mind had thought it a million times since their last meeting.

Fred's eyes narrowed, and he glanced between Angelina, his date, and Maegan. "Maegan, I'm sorry." He whispered, running his hand through his hair. "Mum's been going at both George and I for not having girlfriends, and I only asked Angelina because I didn't want to be buggered by Mum again. I didn't know you were coming."