Dance With Me / George

📝 NOTE: thank you so much JanineMusic16 for the votes and reads. Means a lot to me, so I hope you've been enjoying and will enjoy this one too!

Maegan sighed, wondering why McGonagall had asked them all over, especially in this order.

The whole house of Gryffindor was asked to meet up, and girls were sitting on one end, while all the guys were sitting or standing on the other end. Maegan caught one of her best friend, George's eyes and blushed deeply.

She'd always felt different around him than around his identical twin brother Fred, and she didn't know what it was but a simple gaze of those fudge brown eyes made her blush and fidget.

Professor McGonagall entered the room, swiftly coming to stand in front of them all. She started explaining about the Yule Ball, a formal event to be coming up which meant that Maegan would have to go with someone.

Of course she knew who she wanted to go with, but she was quite sure he wouldn't want to go with her. She watched as Fred and George mumbled to each other, probably trying to say Professor McGonagall's alliteration multiple times faster. She knew them well enough to know that that was what they were doing, and watched them laugh as Ron got asked to dance with the professor.

Maegan couldn't help but laugh herself, once again locking eyes with George but found herself unable to look away this time. He smirked quite obviously, ignoring Ron, his eyes solely fixed on her. Eventually the gaze was broken by McGonagall starting to talk once again and Maegan diverting her attention to the professor.

Finally, the boring lecture was over and Maegan lifted her bag up, going to leave the room. When she was just out, a hand grasped her shoulder and she turned around. "What is it- Oh, hi George." A smile formed on her lips at the sight of him, and he grinned.

Fred was close by too, but she wondered for a second why he wasn't with George. They normally never left each other's sides. "I uh- I wanted to ask you something." George said, blushing just a tiny bit as the wind from the window made his hair blow into his face.

He moved the few strands out of the way, this time flashing a beautiful smile at her once again, and she felt weak in the knees. "Uhm- Sure. If it's the Herbology homework, I really don't know yet I-"

"It's not the Herbology homework." George silenced her, and it was her turn to blush. "I was going to ask if you'd like to come to the ball with me?" His words made her wonder if this was real, and her lips formed an 'o' shape.

"Are you- Are you sure you want to go with me? There's tons of other girls to go w-" Maegan rambled, but once again he cut her off, but this time not with words. He had pressed his lips to hers, hands still by his side and she didn't kiss back due to the shock.

He pulled away, smiling sheepishly and looking into her eyes. She didn't say anything, but wrapped her arms around his neck, dropping her bag in the process, tangled her fingers in his long, ginger hair and kissed him. George smiled against her lips, circling his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

There were a few hollers from around them, and she was sure one of them belonged to Fred. "Woah- Wait is that George and Maegan?" She heard Ron's voice, and pulled away from George's lips only to laugh.

George playfully glared at his younger brother, who quickly put his hands up as a sign of apology. Maegan shyly buried her face in George's chest, wishing it had been a lot less embarrassing to snog him right in front of everyone.

"Are you okay?" George asked her when he'd picked her bag up, and she looked up to lock eyes with him once again. She nodded, and he grinned. "Great." He handed her her bag, and she immediately thanked him.