After All This Time / Fred {Mature}

There she sat, on the couch in her apartment with a tub of ice cream on her lap, spoon in hand and a sad romance movie playing on the tv. Tears poured down her face as she let out a few sobs, caused by the movie and him.

Maegan sighed, sniffling as she curled up and pulled a blanket over her. She continued eating the caramel ice cream, which she suddenly remembered was his favourite, too. More tears flowed down at this realisation - she couldn't stop thinking about him and it wasn't helping the fact he no longer wanted her. It wasn't soothing her either, but she just couldn't stop.

She was about to fall asleep, sore, red, blood-shot eyes straining to stay open as she struggled to put the half empty tub aside. Maegan curled up, resting her cheek on top of her hand on the couch arm, closing her eyes moments before a loud 'woosh' was heard and somebody stumbled into her apartment through the Floo.

Maegan lifted her head up, eyes opening slightly as a tall red-head came into sight, and Maegan squinted. "Nearly asleep, I see?" The familiar, warm voice of her best friend echoed through her empty home, and Maegan sighed.

"What happened?" Fred asked, walking over and seating himself on the edge of the couch. Maegan sat up, wiping her eyes as she whimpered. Fred's eyes immediately went wild as his jaw clenched hard. "He did not!"

"He's happy now, Fred. L-leave it." Maegan stammered, but Fred would have none of it. "That bloody fool! You're telling me he cheated on you? I'm going to hex his balls off!"

"No you won't." Maegan snapped. "Just leave, Fred. I'm really not in the mood for company."

Fred's face softened and he shook his head, getting up and taking off his cloak. "Leave? I'd rather not. How about I run you a bath?" He suggested, leaning over and picking up the tub of ice cream.

"Fred please-" Maegan started to say, but Fred cut her off. "I'm not leaving, Maegan. God knows what you'll do when I'm gone. Besides, this is what friends are for. I might just pay him a visit and ruin his family jewels while you sleep, but that's for later." Fred said as he put the tub back in the fridge and put the spoon in the sink.

He grabbed the remote and turned off the tv, having gotten enough lessons from his muggle-born best friend that he now finally knew how to use the damn thing. His statement had caused Maegan to smile just slightly, and Fred felt a feeling of pride wash over.

"Well?" He asked, turning around as he crossed his arms. "A bath sounds nice." Maegan said quietly, realising he wasn't going to leave so she better enjoy his services and he smiled. "Alright." Fred then left to her bathroom, running a bath as he lighted a few vanilla-scented candles around the room to make it nicer for her.

When the bath was filled and the temperature was right, Fred went back to fetch her. Maegan blushed as he lifted her up effortlessly, biceps flexing as he carried her to the bathroom. He set her down in front of the bath, grabbing a large, fluffy towel and hung it up for later.

"Be sure to take as long as you like." Fred told her, before he kissed her cheek and left the room, closing the door behind him.

While Maegan undressed and got into the warm bath, Fred headed to her room and opened the closet. It was only eight in the evening, so, he decided, there was plenty of time to go out to a club and let Maegan dance her sorrows away.

Maybe she could even take a bloke home. The idea made Fred shudder as he sighed, wondering what kind of mental illness Michael, her dick of an ex-boyfriend, had acquired to cheat on Maegan. Fred's blood boiled at the thought, especially when he thought about how much better he could treat Maegan.